Here is the link to the site I followed for instructions. http://www.scrapbook-crazy.com/paper-bag-album-instructions.html Inside the paper bag flaps I cut out Kayla's hand and feet prints and inserted. I also cut a piece from our favorite popcorn box and inserted that as an extra little keepsake. ( Hopefully this doesn't spoil my sister's surprise. Maybe she wont read this! ) Here is the book I made.
Here is the mini envelope album, which is a little more complicated to make but overall I like it better. You can use the envelope pages to insert neat things. I made one of these for the kids' Birth Mother. I don't think she reads my blog so I don't think I will be spoiling any surprises here. For some reason I cannot find the neat website with the great step by step pictured instructions. I will keep searching because this site had a few other album ideas I just have to make.
Here is the album.
First page below, envelope opens to hold a picture of Kayla.
Next page envelope opens to hold a mini page of mini pictures of
our July 4th.
This page the envelope opens to hold 2 pictures of Kayla.
The back.
Today during nap time, after I clean all the sand from my bathroom (we went to the beach and had a torrential downpour on the walk home!) I'm going to work on Birth Mother's paper bag album. Of course when that is finished, I will share! ;)
Jennifer- let me know if you have any questions! I would love to help!
3 comments:
I ADORE these!! I'm still a bit confused on the envelope one (what size envelopes?!).
One question though - I hope I can explain it correctly. When you make the paper bag ones, and the bag is laying flat - the bottom of the bag is obviously folded over to either side when the bag is laid out flat. Do you just glue/etc right over that with whatever designs you are putting in the book - or is there a better way to conceal that?!
ALSO -- you have those cute little scrapbook papers behind some of the pics. I know this is a silly question - but I'm really new LOL But, did you have a machine to cut the paper that way/small, or did you buy it that tiny?!
I know our BM doesn't ever respond to anything we send BUT I feel like this is such a wonderful idea I really would love to make her one for Christmas this year. Last year, I sent her a really meaningful necklace from us and this year I'd like to do something meaningful again and I feel like these are soooo cute for a beginner (which is totally what I am LOL)!!
Oh yeah another last question - do you order your pictures really tiny or just print them at home? Are the wallet size (the ones in Kaitlyns book you made)?
Ok sorry for the million questions!!! But thanks a ton for taking pictures and showing me how this is done!!!!
Oh yeah - I just realized there is a little button to click below where I hit "publish your comment" - if I click it, it says "Email follow-up comments to xxxxxxx@live.com"...LOL who knew!
Ha. I see the 'email follow up comments to' button!! lol.
1) I think you can use any size envelope you want. You end up cutting them in half anyways. I will work on trying to get the website I used for this. The directions were simple and easy to follow.
2)I just glue stuff right over the folded part of the paper bag you are talking about. It conceals it almost totally but I also the fact that you can tell its under there. It looks neat!
3) I do have a paper cutter that helps make the paper be cut really straight and then a paper punch edger that rounds the corners. You can purchase these in a craft store in the scrapbook sections. Or you can improvise and use a ruler to draw a straight line to cut on. Thats what I used to do. You can also buy them that tiny. Nick bought some for me on ebay for dirt cheap that I think were 3x3 squares a while back.
4)Its a great idea for your BM. Keep sending to her. Maybe some day she will open up when it doesn't hurt her too much or when its not so scary to her. Im sure Noey will also appreciate the thought and effort you put into it for her BM.
I order my pictures on shutterfly.com and with their orders you receive these cards with tiny pictures on them of the pictures you ordered. Instead of throwing them out I put them to use and I cut them out and use them in these tiny books.
5) The ones in Kaitlyn's book are not wallet size. They are regular 4x6 size and I just cut them down to fit into whatever size book I am making.
NO need to apologize for qustions! This is why I blogged about it. So I can help you! :) Let me know if you have any more and I will work on getting the instructions for the envelope book again. I dont know why I cant find it!!!
Post a Comment