Wednesday, 14 September 2011

All better! (Except Mom)

Last night went GREAT. Both kids slept all night through without a peep. This is only the THIRD time, E-V-E-R AND it was Caden's first night without a binky and Kayla's first night since throwing her attitudes to me. 
But, I was up every 2 hours shoving vick's vapor rub up my nose because I couldn't breathe and this morning I'm blowing out the nasty green stuff from my nose. Im thinking Kayla's 'test' days are near their ends. This morning so far she hasn't gotten in trouble for anything at all and so far this morning Caden has not asked or mentioned the binky at all. 

I smell success.

2 night's ago we went for our family walk in the evening. We try to nightly do this family walk for many reasons. 1 being it gets the kids out and walking instead of being in a stroller. 2. its good family time together. 3. it is a serious work out on the way back because we each need to carry a child up a long steep hill on the main road back to the condo. (Speaking of... I'm back down to 120 pounds. First time since surgery! 5 more pounds to go!)
We didn't go last night because of Kayla's little episode that morning. We wont be able to go tonight because the Dad has duty from 8-9 pm for an hour of walking with the squadron around the base's arc light memorial park. The base is holding a 24 hour long walk around the memorial alternating groups of people every hour in honor of 9/11. But tomorrow night, it is on. And maybe we can get some dinner while we are at it. (hint,hint)
 
We found this little joint on the beach that has burgers and sandwiches and I'm dying to try their tuna and dill sandwich. It's tuna, dill, and alfalfa sprouts in a pita bread for only $7. Cant beat that or the location.

Anyways, here are a few pictures from that walk.







And to end this blog post nicely.... my son smells like pickles. Yes...he is eating dill pickle popcorn seasoning from a bowl. But yet he hates pickles.

No comments:

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...