Sunday, 19 August 2012

Details hot off the press!

                                                               

Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock along with all of you. Here are the details.

The story of how we discovered our true, GOD given, natural miracle.


I was due for my period 2 days before Kayla's birthday party. It didn't come. I thought I was mixing up dates in my head and I was off. I kept saying I'd wait a few days and it would be here. It never came. Kayla's party was on Saturday. By Wednesday I told Nick jokingly that if there was even a remote possibility that I could be pregnant I would wonder. We (or I) laughed it off. ( I had no idea that Nick and my mother in law were already thinking what had never crossed my mind for a second) I had been feeling sick each morning, queasy and sluggish. I thought it was from not running and not having my daily green smoothies. 
By Sunday morning, Aug 5th, I broke out the calender and my heart sank. I was 10 days late and according to Nick we were 'together' around the time I would have been ovulating. Which these days is VERY seldom.
That morning I went out to CVS and got the CVS brand +/- tests and the Clear Blue Easy digital ones. 
Came home and I freaked out. I couldn't test. A friend came over and told me I had to do the responsible thing and take the test because either way, 1- if I was pregnant I needed to go to the doctor and 2- if I wasn't I needed to go to the doctor to see why I was so sick for a week.
I did the cvs brand test first and it was immediately positive. An hour later I did the digital test and it said pregnant. 
The next day Monday, ( 2 weeks ago) I got my blood results from the doctor and positive.
We were still walking around in a state of shock and not understanding how the heck this is even possible. The only thing we can come up with is the healthy lifestyle change with us both that we have stuck to for the past 3 years. Coupled with the possibility that early in Nick's military career he did something that in job that made him sterile and 9 years later he has healed from it.  Its the only reasonable explanations we and the doctor can think of. Not even the doctors could fix my husband! But here we are....


After my stressing so much about if I really am pregnant or just as the other 'pregnancies' I have an empty womb...we got the doctor to see us after many complaints and emails. On base doctors don't typically see their patients until 12 weeks. With my history and my worry this was unacceptable.

We got into our appt 15 August and I was freaking out. I wasnt ready for it. I wasnt ready to begin the miscarriage process. I told the midwife that I wasn't going to look at the screen, that all I see in my head are the 2 last pregnancy's ultrasounds with an empty screen and I wasn't going to look. She was ok with that. We are very happy with her, she was supportive and caring (which is RARE in the military) So she had me put my feet up and lay back and I freaked out. Crying, shaking... I avoided the screen. I hear her pointing out things to Nick such as my bladder and whatnot. I cant remember what else...its a blur. I think I was holding my breath and waiting for her to say, "Im sorry". But she didn't.

She said, "And here is the baby." 


I was shocked. Im still in shock. And there was a baby floating around. Active baby measuring 3 days ahead ( I think because my dates were off in my head since I don't keep track of my cycles at all anymore) with a good heartbeat of 136 bpm. She measured 'him' and said the old wives tale about heart rate says its a boy. Baby is 11 mm which is about a mm bigger than what I have been reading. She explained at this point with the measurements, yolk sack, fetal pole, heart rate and activity that miscarriage rate dropped to less than 3%. But I still worry. People can still miscarry later in the 1st trimester. However, I do feel much better and I keep reminding myself of what she has said. 


The very next day was our other appointment at a downtown 4d ultrasound clinic. I made this appointment a week prior to the doctor agreeing to see me early but we decided to keep the appointment anyways. We decided that we would invite my mother in law and kids to this appointment since we were sure it was OK at this point. Which meant explaining to Kayla what was going on. She is thrilled. She walks around the house saying, "Mom is pregnant." Its quite funny.

We arrived, I layed on the bed as nervous as can be hoping there was still a heartbeat. Baby was found right away projected on a 100 inch screen. My mother in law, Kayla and Caden watched and we all listened to the heartbeat loud and clear at 146 bpm.

Shock. Live, healthy baby.

We kept this a secret until now because I wanted to make sure that there was a baby. Not just an empty gestational sac like with the other 2 pregnancies.

Here we are, tomorrow 8 weeks along and I'm having a hard time grasping that fact that I.am.pregnant. Me. ME! Its becoming a little more real now that the world  knows and I was hoping that would be the outcome of telling the world about it. I think its just going to take a while for me really accept that there is a real live healthy baby.


Its just so hard to believe...Surgeries on my husband only to find zero sperm in the end,  a dozen medicated insemination with frozen donor sperm, 1 miscarriage, 1 cycle of IVF with frozen donor sperm, 1 miscarriage, 2 adoptions, 10 years of marriage (on August 24th) and now pregnant, without trying, naturally. 

It's just crazy!

But it is the perfect time. Perfect time.

Let's just hope the little shrimp stays strong as he/she has been so far!




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! I am almost in tears. So happy for you guys. I cannot believe it. Amazing!! No one deserves it more! I wish I lived there, I'd have to hug you guys!

DaniKel said...

This is just beyond amazing! Just awesome! Tears of joy fill my eyes! I really just can not tell you how happy I am for you guys! For your beautiful family! And I am so honored to be able to follow along in this amazing journey that your family is on! Hugs, love, congrats and belly rubs!!!!

Paisley Seven said...

I'm shocked! After all that you two went through, you get a surprise pregnancy!

Carey said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Alessi Family said...

Thank you for the support everyone!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! Your miracle is finally coming! Two beautiful babies and now another on the way! How amazing is that!! Congrats to you all!!!

Tina said...

The best news in the whole freaking wide world!!!!! I am so happy I cried off and on thru outvthecday thinking how amazing God is!!!!!! Your flipping pregnant and I couldn't be happier for you!!!!

Mama2Kayden said...

Congrats !!! So excited for your miracle! I thought you looked preggo in an earlier photo!! Why did your heart sink when you realized you were late for your period? I hope you are happy about everything now. Will the hubby get his sperm rechecked now to see if things are good there?
Many blessings to you!!!!!!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...