Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Beach Adventures

Yesterday my treadmill run was a FAIL big time. I got 1 lap and a half through and was struggling to breathe. I have all this mucous stuck in my throat that makes it impossible. The 3 of us are still sick although getting better. So I quit and we packed up and headed to the beach...what else?! We stopped at an 'ABC' store and picked up a new beach bag. A bag with a safe place for cameras and phones (and later we find out nearly waterproof). We (we as in the kids and I since Dad was at work) picked up a bottle of pineapple juice for the kiddos and Kayla picked out one snack for the 2 to share. Coconut M&M's. We continued to the beach to our favorite spot where I got these great pictures. (I sure wish I could carry the good heavy Canon to the beach)
Our favorite spot on the beach because 
1) Its shaded
2) Its where we find the most and biggest sea glass pieces
3) Its next to the rental boats and they are fun to watch
4) Its very clean and full of Japanese tourists so I feel safe there vs. the beach behind our place that is public access and weird creeyp beach dog guy camps out there usually

High tide washed up a dead crab and the ants had a great dinner

Our shadows, I LOVE LOVE LOVE low tide time. No waves, warm water, VERY shallow and the fish swim with you


(Click the picture to enlarge) Fishy!












These rocks are part of why this is our favorite spot. If you know Caden, you know he loves rocks of any kind.





Japanese guys ooohing and ahhhing over Caden. I think its his bright blue eyes.


Not long after this picture was taken we had TORRENTIAL downpour that came out of nowhere so the beach morning sadly ended.
The sea glass we found and the shovel Caden found.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Love, love, love seeing the pictures of the kids. :)

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...