Tuesday, 6 September 2011

First day of work

So yesterday was Nick's first day back to work after having off for 6 days to move us, and then the holiday weekend. What did the kids and I do? Go to the beach of course and then on the way back we rinsed off in the pool! We spent about 2 hours at the beach and the ENTIRE time this old local guy with 2 puppies sat next to us and just talked and talked and talked...THE WHOLE TWO HOURS. I was so annoyed. He actually has tents on the beach and was sleeping there. I don't think he is homeless though because his hair is cut, he was fairly clean from what I could see, he had food and fishing poles and dog bowls and whatnot in his 'camping' area. The day before when we went down there with Nick he had his car down there parked over the sidewalk so obviously he owns a car. He was telling me he had his own business back in the 70's and retired in the 90's and has enough money to do so. Who knows...maybe so...but I do know that he was over welcoming his stay. I just wanted to sit and watch my babies play. And relax. In the quiet. I guess we need to find a new route down to the beach. Annoying.

On a side note.... here is my treadmill view.
And check this out...

2 comments:

twondra said...

I would be so annoyed too! Wow.

LOVE the view!! Awesome!! And the pictures are amazing. You go girl! :)

DaniKel said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your view!! I think I would run on the treadmill several times a day if I had that view!!

Love the next pic! You guys have done GREAT!!!

Kel and I are working on it. I am down 43 and she is down 22. We did so good at the beginning of the year, and then slacked off. We are now back into it, it's been 3 weeks now. I know we can do this if we just stick with it. I have a long way still yet to go, but I have to have faith in myself, and know that I do have the will power to make this lifestyle change permanent!!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...