Sunday, 13 November 2011

Tammy and Mark

Just 3 weeks ago I blogged about Tammy and Mark. You can read that post here.

And now...

Now they have gotten the call. They have been matched with their daughter to be born the end of this year.

I can hardly believe it.

Here blog is here. http://twondra.blogspot.com/ But here is the story. As you can imagine I have been stalking her blog and her facebook.


FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2011


The story

This day has been such a huge whirlwind as you can imagine! So many phone calls, emails, etc. I apologize for not coming back here before now, but it's been crazy!

I want to thank you all for your wonderful comments and support and love. It truly means so much to us! There have been so many and I hope to respond soon!

Here's the story:

About a month ago we had inquired about 2 situations that were on the agency’s website: Situation B and L. Unfortunately, situation L was about $10,000 over budget so we requested not to have our profile submitted but we said we wanted to have our profile submitted to situation B.

Fast forward to yesterday and we get an email from our agency saying there is a situation where the birthmom is due 11/11/11 (yes, today!). We asked to have our profile submitted.

When I got back from gymnastics, I had an email saying that “L likes us” and gave us contact info. I was confused. I knew a month ago we had asked about an “L situation” but knew it was over budget and we declined it. I thought maybe perhaps this birthmom we had just submitted to had the same name.

When I called the agency, she told us she had good news and that L loved us and really wanted us. I asked if this was the one due 11/11/11 to which I was told no and that L was due the end of December.

I was literally dumbfounded. I didn’t know what to say. Shocked is an understatement. My first thought was how in the world could this happen? We didn’t even submit. Then I started worrying about the money as I knew this was $10,000 over budget.

Then I was completely and totally amazed at the sincere power of God.

Only God could let this happen and only God knew this would.

We were told this “never happens” and it was a surprise. We’re still trying to figure out what happened and of course worried about where this $10,000 will come from but we also know this is our daughter. God has meant for this to be our daughter.

What are the chances?



The latest news on her face book is that they did have a conference call with their birth mother and it went great. Birth mother is very happy with her choice and says that Tammy and Mark are the only family for her.

I cannot believe it. This has been A LONG time in waiting. So long. Too long. And now I can finally watch them begin the next phase and the best phase of life...parenthood. 

I cant wait to begin a long road trip to see them and their baby girl, Hannah Dawn.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Oh Michelle, this brings tears to my eyes. I can't thank you enough. Wow. Thank you for everything you've done. I love you guys so much. I can't wait for you to meet our daughter face-to-face so she can know the special family you are.

Love you

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...