Thursday, 3 November 2011

Recycled Chip Bag Mini Scrapbook Album

If your holiday this year is on a budget, or if you just want something to do on a rainy day, these recycled chip bag mini scrapbooks are so neat! I made quite a few of them for Christmas gifts this year. They were fun to make and so cute. 
Here is a picture of a small finished chip bag album I made for the kids' Birth Mother's Christmas gift.



They are easy to make.Here is the website I got the idea from, I just altered them a bit.
Im not good at directions but Im going to try!
Cut open chip bag, wash and dry. Make sure its a foil lined bag. 
Cut some cardboard into 2 squares- the size you want your book to be. I used cereal boxes.

Cut your chip bag into squares a little larger then your cardboard squares.
Cut the ends of the chip bag off like so, and place double sided tape on and fold over to stick to the cardboard. Glue does not work on the foil lined chip bags.

Place length of ribbon across centers of front and back of album covers. Leave enough on both edges so it can be tied when the book is finished.

Glue paper to inside of front and back album covers, on top of ribbon to hide it.

Take another paper, cardstock is best, and cut to size and shape of album and then fold it accordion style. Glue to front cover and back cover.

Cut down papers to be your pages and glue to accordion style card stock inside your book for your pages.

There you have it, your recycled chip bag mini album. Not only is it really cute, cheap, easy and fun to make but now you have saved some chip bags from seeing the landfill!

Here is the inside of this album. Its a little larger than then all the other I have made. This one is a Christmas present for a family member that I dont want to mention in case he/she is reading this.







2 comments:

Mark said...

I'm not sure if I should show this to Claire or not. She would love it but would drive me crazy gathering these materials. Actually, I'd have to empty out these bags first. And I can't afford another pound.
m.

DaniKel said...

Pretty neat idea!!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...