I been doing lots of crafty things around here lately to keep busy. Its a little harder because of all out things being in storage but I am making due out of what I have here. I got the 'photo dump' idea from Mark. Thanks Mark. :)
Lately I been really liking anything made out of newspaper, and anything in a jar ;) I wish I had my craft supplies in storage...Id be able to come up with lots more things.
This was a container that held 2 quart packets of sugar free grape kool-aid. Covered it in newspaper strips, glue and a label from scrapbook paper, filled with candy and wrapped it as a Christmas gift. I also made a similar one with a PENS label on it. My packages this year are obviously hand made items themed.
Lemon Sugar Scrub- is currently in someone's Christmas care package. Recipe is:
Begin my mixing 2 1/2 Cups of Sugar with 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add in 4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice {or scented essential oils to your liking}. This mixture will make enough to fill a 12oz. Mason Jar
Mix really well until a gritty paste forms and spoon into a glass container. {make sure your container has a lid that seals}
More salt dough ornaments. We actually made these ones for Tammy and Mark's fundraiser which we ended up cancelling so we kept them and divided them up into everyone's Christmas package along with the others that we made. Snowman faces and red, white and blue stars.
And for the jar- this is baby gift for Tammy and baby to be Hannah. Its a Pamper Me theme for mommy and baby, including tea light candles, q-tips, tea, band-aids, some duck shaped bath gel and a few other items not pictured here.
After the contents are used up it can be used as a spare change collection jar for a mommy and Hannah lunch date or outing.
I found a recipe for pumpkin spice sugar scrub, but when we moved into the condo I figured with no oven I couldn't bake so I gave my pumpkin spice away. Instead, I used ground cinnamon.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub{use as a hand scrub or body scrub}
2 Cups of Brown Sugar1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup + 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower, Safflower, or Vegetable Oil
Mix Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar and Pumpkin Pie Spice together, making sure there are no lumps. Add in oil and mix well. I like to use Sunflower Oil
that can be found in most health food stores. Sunflower oil, like other oils, can retain moisture in the skin. {Safflower Oil
is very similar to the Sunflower} Alternately, you can use plain Vegetable Oil as well.
{I would omit using Olive Oil wth this one as the scent can be a little too powerful to mix with the warm scents of the pumpkin and brown sugar} These keep well in a sealed, sanitized glass container for months.
Just keep out of direct sunlight; as you would store the oil itself.This would be the contents of a Birth Mother's Christmas package, which has kept me pretty busy.
1 recycled chip bag mini scrapbook album, 2 paper bag mini scrapbook albums, and 1 envelope mini scrapbook album as well as a handmade Christmas card with a picture of us inside, and some coloring pages Kayla did as well as her Halloween card (that got returned to me for extra postage and I cant figure out why because none of the other cards I sent came back requiring more) and her Thanksgiving card, as well as 2 circle cinnamon salt dough ornaments with each of the kids names one them.
And my favorite so far are these gift bags made out of newspaper, which I used for everyone's ornaments in their Christmas packages. I plan to give them to the ladies down in the lobby as well with salt dough ornaments in them. I also experimented with using wrapping paper and it turned out great but I prefer the newspaper ones.
"Road" made out of masking tape. Who would've thunk? So easy, so simple...
And my lastest food craving has been noodles...and style of Asian noodle but these...O M GOSH. Spicy Thai Noodles...yeah, over 3 days I ate entire box of angel hair pasta. And eating them with chop sticks is a must.
Recipe here:
Except I opted to use the toasted noodles over the peanuts. Less fat.
And there you have it.
For now anyways.
I did manage to get my hands on more than a dozen jars yesterday and a whole bag of ribbons....and I REALLY want to experiment with glitter. So watch out.

3 comments:
Good twist on the photo dump. FYI, I got the idea from someone else and it's great to see what people do with it.
If I had small boys again, I would certainly do that tape on the floor thing. It's the coolest idea and my boys would have loved that. Heck, they would probably love it now.
m.
I'm so curious to see how you made the newspaper bags. Those are way cute!
Post a Comment