Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Santa is stopping by early this year/ Tammy and Mark

So, Nick was informed that our household goods will take 54 days to get to New Mexico. You know what this means? Our household items need to be shipped out no later then the 2nd week of December if we want our things to arrive in New Mexico around the same time as us.

So this means that the first weekend in December Santa needs to make his visit so all the toys and Christmas decorations can be shipped off to NM.

So, that Santa countdown timer for us is no more. Santa will be here at the Alessi's house in less than 3 weeks. And with no oven to make Christmas dinner...maybe some ham steaks fried on the stove? And for actual Christmas Day- an afternoon on the beach? Because when the heck else are we going to be able to do that!? ;0)

Talk about Christmas not feeling like Christmas. Not only does it already feel like it doesn't exist because of the tropical weather, now we have to push it ahead by 3 weeks. Oh joy.

My first Christmas package of the year will be mailed out this weekend. At least I can avoid the long lines.

On another note....

My right side bar has the chip in button to help Tammy and Mark bring Hannah home. Remember they were finally matched after YEARS with a birth mother, but this particular situation is bringing them 10 grand over budget and they are asking for all the help they can get.

I tried to do a fundraiser but will end up cancelling that because only ONE person volunteered to bake goods for us. Its not worth it. Its more disappointing than anything. Humans can be so selfish and greedy. I understand people are on budgets, I understand the time of year being around Christmas. But really... donate 50 cents. Give a nice word of encouragement. That is free.

I guess it kills me because with both of our adoptions, we had so much help. We had people showing up at our doorstep with trash bags full of baby items, we had people offer us items for free, we had people asking how they can donate money to us, we had a ransom envelope thrown at the front door with our last name on it spelled wrong, with hundreds of dollars in it to help with Caden's travel expenses. I am, and always will be forever grateful, and thankful for all the heart people showed us during those times. I so much so want to just pay it forward to Tammy and Mark. I cant think of a better reason to work hard and give our all to them. I cant think of a better reason for us to not be able to go out for dinner because we gave the money to Tammy and Mark instead. And it just sucks that others cant help or feel the same. Tis the season for giving, right?

So, I will be cancelling the fundraiser and seeing what we can do on our own. I donated $5 to them this morning. I know $5 isnt much but every penny helps in type of situation. That was just $5 until Nick gives me the OK to donate more. He is the bookkeeper around here. I know nothing about our finances. Besides, every penny helps...this I know from experience. Also, on Saturday morning I will be mailing them a package loaded with Johnson and Johnson products as well as a handmade gift that I will be sharing with you all on here soon. (Tammy, dont worry- I will post a spoiler alert for you if you don't want to see it prior to it arriving at your door)

Also, if you wish, you can mail your unwanted, or outgrown baby girl items to the Wondra's personally. I can give you their mailing address...just send me a comment and I will get it to you. The Wondra's would appreciate it. I know it's hard, nearly impossible, to go out and purchase baby items when you are pinching pennies trying to pay for the adoption expenses.

Jennifer, from Little Crazy Family- will be mailing a care package of this sort. Thank you Jennifer! I knew you and I get along for some reason. We both have heart for this sort of thing from personal experiences.

I cant wait to someday meet Tammy, Mark and baby Hannah...and Jennifer and Noey! Who knows, with once special thing in common, our children could make life long friendships together as well.

So, there you have it. Early Christmas. 76 days until we are off this island. Help Tammy and Mark.

1 comment:

Mark said...

The good thing with your kids being so young, they have no idea when Christmas actually is. Although that ignorance won't last forever. By next year, you'll be laughing at this adventure.
Take care.
m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...