77 days until we are approved to leave this island. Weeks are flying by so fast I can hardly believe it.
Nick sold his lovely truck over the weekend. We wanted to put it up for sale early expecting it to take a while to sell. We didn't want to be stuck with a vehicle too close to us leaving here. The military only ships one vehicle for you at no cost so it had to go. Boy that was a relief to let go. Poor Dad drove to work every day in it with no AC as ugly as it is. But it got the job done.
Its a strange feeling to know that we are another step closer to leaving here. It feels weird because this has been home for so long. So much has happened in the past 4 years and I hardly remember life before living on this island. We had a miscarriage, we sold a new car, we adopted, been through a long deployment, we bought a new car, we sold another new car, and we adopted again, bought another new car, we moved, our marriage had been tested and we moved again. So much so that it seems like this has been home for forever. Its the only home these babies know.
And yet we only have 77 more days.
I cant wait.
Monday, 14 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When Pooh Bear got his wings
2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...
-
Smokey is now imprinted on Mama forever. Just like Pooh Bear on the opposite side. May is Pooh Bear's birthday month. Its the month h...
-
Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock alon...
-
The past week or so I been working on a list of what to pack in the hospital bag. When the time comes, I dont want to have to worry about if...

2 comments:
Make the most of it while you're there.
m.
Wow so much has changed in 4 years huh? Can't believe I've been "friends" with you since shortly after Kayla came home with you. And here you are, years later with 2 beautiful babies and getting ready to return closer to "home". Can't wait to MEET you guys in person :)
That truck is proof Dada loves your family too :) Poor Antoine had the worst vehicles until 2 months ago!! He had a broke down jeep, that eventually barely limped to the junk yard. Then last winter he had to catch rides to work with my dad, and I had to pick him up. This past spring/summer he had to borrow my dads spare motorcycle. It is all proof our hubbies love us though - the things they sacrifice for our families!!! FINALLY he got a new car and is soooo happy. Just took some time after the adoption costs!!! BUT, wouldn't trade it for the world.
Good luck and ENJOY your beach - before you know it, you will be sad and miss the days of relaxing by the water every day!!!
Post a Comment