The past week or so I been working on a list of what to pack in the hospital bag. When the time comes, I dont want to have to worry about if we are missing anything. I want it all bagged up and ready to grab and more so if I go into the doctor and then not be able to come home, it will make it easier on Nick to come home and just grab instead of packing and wondering what to bring. Just one less worry. Now of course, we will still need to remember to grab the camera and chargers for it and the phones. As time gets closer maybe I will bag those up together in a ziplock so they are all in one spot.
Anyways, let me share what I got and if any Mommies out there would like to make a suggestion of something I dont have listed or something I should take off the list, please let me know.
Im going by what I remember our birth mother having in the hospital along with what other Mommies have suggested to me and what I think I will like to have.
For myself:
Tooth brush and paste, chapstick, deodorant, hair brush, hair ties, head bands, lotion, body wash, loofah, shampoo, robe, slippers, slipper socks, old underware, a couple pairs of comfy loose fitting sweats, nursing bra, regular socks, boppy pillow for nursing, my own sanitary pads, sugar free hard candies, change for vending machine, nursing cover, nursing pads.
For baby:
I realize that we dont need hardly anything at all because the hospital provides it all. For Kayla and Caden, we didnt use any personal items until the day we left the hospital. So I plan on bringing the clothes she will wear home, a receiving blanket to swaddle, a blanket for the cool weather and ride home, a hat, mittens just in case she is a scratch-er and really that's about it.
6 comments:
That sounds like about it. I wish I had been on the ball with that every time with my kids. I found your blog through tammy ( hannah's mom)she is a good friend of mine.
I hope every thing goign good for you guys.
Melissa K
Your own comfy pillow.. extra blanket for yourself..
Have a home birth, then you have everything you need already there!
I second the suggestion to bring your own pillow. If you need an extra blanket, the nurse will usually get one for you. I found that I was hotter than usual after I had my baby due to a change in hormones so I didn't need one.
I suggest also packing some snacky foods. If not for you, then for Nick. When it gets down to it, chances are you probably won't want him to leave you. So packing things like crackers and other items like that will help.
Are you planning natural or an epidural? You may want things such as massage oil/lotion. Even with an epi you still may have back pain, and having Nick massage it will help. Also, a warm compress. Something that can be heated up in a microwave is good - like a homemade rice sock. The heat may help alleviate some of the pain from back labor or the pressure from contractions.
I can't believe it is getting so close!!!
I don't think you'll need the old underwear. They'll give you stretchy weird square things that you'll just bleed all over anyway. Tell Nick to wear his most comfortable shoes! He may be on his feet for a long time.
Post a Comment