Monday, 31 October 2011

Our last Trick or Treating on Guam was a blast. It was the best one we've had so far. Our first was with Kayla when she was a baby, only 3 months old. She wore a Halloween tshirt and Mama and Dada went bowling while she watched from her infant seat. Our 2nd one she was old enough to walk around but not old enough to really get it, just 13 months old. Last year Caden was 8 months old and just sat in the stroller dressed as a dinosaur and Kayla was well old enough to get it but she was crying the entire time starting even before we left the house. She was sick and it was NOT FUN.

This year was a BLAST. I threw together 2 last minute costumes instead of going as our original idea (Eagles Football Team) Around 10 am we took off to Kmart to hopefully find something. We got there with ONE LAST little girls costume and it was right up Kayla's alley. She LOVED it. A green butterfly set with glittery wings and antennas. There was nothing for Caden, not even anything for boys at all. So we drove over to the Halloween store here on island called Underground Dungeon and got the ONE LAST little boys costume in Caden's size...and it was right up his alley. A Skeleton. We have a pirate skeleton hanging on our front door that he giggles and points at each time we walk in and out the door. He loves it. I dont know how we got lucky with each of them. It was like it was meant to be.

 But anyhow,Caden was old enough to walk around this year (near 21 months, yikes!) and even hold his own bag, say Trick or Treat and say Thank you. He understood. I would tell him to go get treats and he would say, "YEAH!" and then go get them with Sissy. He pointed out all the skeletons of course and laughed. Kayla was beyond excited. She was flying from house to house shouting "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" and wasn't shy for a second. She walked and ran so much half way through she ended up with a blister on her foot. Poor girl!


And for the ONLY family Halloween picture of this year and Kayla makes this face...
Oh my children. They are the best. Like, Ever.


Here are some more pictures. They didn't turn out well because of it being dark out, but you get the point.




Red Horse!



2 comments:

twondra said...

Awww they are soooo cute!!! Dang, you've got the cutest kids!

And to go trick-or-treating in shorts..must be nice. :)

Mark said...

Yes, I do get the point. I always apologize for my not-so-perfect photos too. I'm glad this went well for you and this will be the memory that you take with you.
Your Friend, m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...