Saturday, 15 October 2011

Latte Stone Park

Like I said in the previous post... I have a hard time only picking a few pictures to share. I love taking pictures. I don't love trying to minimize the amount of pictures to print for scrap booking. My next picture order is going to be hefty. We have way too make great ones.

5 days ago we checked out an old Fort (cant remember the name) with a huge scenic overlook and some old cannons and absolutely no shade and as hot as can be.






And then headed to a place called Latte Stone Park. Website here: Latte Stone Park



The stones there were built around 500 AD and are thought to be pillars for elevated houses. (Pictures below) The stones in the park are original stones and were moved to the park in 1956. Their use in the Chamorro culture vanished when the Spanish devastated the islands in the 1600s.


The kids had a good time running around and exploring. We even found an example of a fallout shelter that was used during wars. It was obvious homeless people were living in it, and Thank God we didn't walk in on them. It was more than CREEPY. The kids chased butterflies, lizards and we even found a HUGE spider and we left with some really great pictures. 


                                              Here is Caden locking us away into the fallout shelter.

                                                            Homeless person's belongings. The creep part was it was PITCH BLACK inside the shelter. To see where we were walking I had to flash the camera light so the Dada could check out what was in front of us before the kids and I could walk. SCARY.




They were chasing a yellow butterfly in this picture.



Kayla was hiding behind me from a wasp here. She doesn't like anything that flies, except butterflies.

Kayla going in for a kiss.

SMACK!

Dad: "Caden, where is sissy's tounge?"

I took this guys picture from inside the car on the way home. He was selling newspaper at at traffic light. He caught me. And was NOT happy about it. Oh well. I like the picture.


We took about 200 pictures this day. So, you are lucky Im not making you suffer through ALL of them.

2 comments:

Mark said...

The photos are great and I can see why you would have a hard time choosing. Plus, your kids are gorgeous so I'd be snapping photos of them all day too.
You said you had a Canon 60D, right? I think it's time I moved up.
m.

Alessi Family said...

Mark this is Michelle's husband. We have a Canon 7D. We love it. Now I am just trying to find the money to upgrade on the lenses. Sure would love sole "L" glass!!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...