Thursday, 27 October 2011

North West Field

A few weeks ago Nick got the privilege to take a helicopter ride above his work. He works North West of Andersen Air Force Base, in the jungle. The 554 Red Horse squadron here has been taking down raw jungle and expanding it into more base. An extension of the base that runs all of Red Horse and operates training. He was asked to take arieal photos of the current condtions of the area so it can be compared to March of 2011, May 2008 and back in 1945.  It is really neat to see how much these guys have changed it. Looking at the pictures you can SEE all the hard work they do every single day. Here are some pictures he took from the helicopter, edited by ME. :) I love pictures.

















And as for an update on where we are moving yet...yeah. Still dont know. We should know any day now. One good thing is that a slot has opened back up for our preferred base...Nellis AFB, in Vegas and our name is next on the list...so we shall see. Beats going to North Dakota or New Mexico. Nick has been stalking his work email every evening and even throughout the night in hopes we have something assigned to us. But nothing yet. I HATE THIS LONG WAIT. As soon as we know, we will tell the parents, and then I can blog it. I CANT WAIT. 

1 comment:

Jody said...

Hey girl...can't wait to find out. How is Roo doing?? :)

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...