Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Sending Roo to Abu Dhabi


OK, so not really. We aren't sending Roo to Abu Dhabi, but he is going on a long trip. Again. For a couple weeks we have been trying to find another home for Roo, but nothing has worked out. We love him a lot. I watched him move from the inside of his mother's belly, I witnessed his birth. I remember his first steps and when he opened his eyes for the first time. (Roo right after birth in picture below)


He is now 7 years. Born in Italy, flew to Virginia with us for 2 years where he made a trip to Pennsylvania with me for a month. After 2 years there he flew to Hawaii for an overnight stay and then all the way to Guam where we have been for the past almost 4 years. Our last 5 months here we are moving into the condo which doesn't allow pets. We tried to find a home for him where we know he will be safe, happy, loved and taken care of but it hasn't happened. So the option we took is to fly him back home to Pennsylvania with his Mimi and Papa, my mother and father in law. I really HATE to part with him but this way we have much much less to worry about. We know he will love the big house to run in, the big puppy dog to pick on and  beat up on, the big windows with fresh air and we know that he will be taken care of, loved and  happy. I love his pesky, energetic, care free, stinky butt. And will miss him greatly. But this is not the end!

In the meantime things need to happen FAST. We move into the condo on the first of September. Roo needs to be cleared from the vet with a health certificate 10 days prior to flying out. It is now August 17th. Here's to hoping that we get him an appointment in a very timely manor. Then it's off to the airport at 3 am on Saturday where he will fly to Hawaii for a small break to bed checked on. Then it's off to Texas for him for another stop and then to Pennsylvania. I will worry, but I know he will be fine. This isn't his first time.

I am very thankful for a great family (Mom and Dad) to do this for us. Its a lot to ask for.

OK, enough blogging. Back to packing. Blah.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Oh, I can imagine this is soooo hard! I know it'll be hard for you to be away from him. You have a WONDERFUL family to take care of him....but lots of people would do anything for you. :)

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...