Monday, 8 August 2011

Packing up memories

As much as I cannot wait to be out of this 'box of a house' I call it, It's kind of sad. To leave so many memories of Caden's infancy behind. This has been the only home he knows. And I know Kayla will miss it only because I think that in the condo, it will feel more like hotel to her instead of home. She's already been saying, "But I will miss my house." Either way, both babies love adventures and new things and this for sure is both of those.

The past few days, or week we have been sorting through things and selling them. Our condo is furnished which requires all of our household items to be put into storage. If it's an item that means nothing, hasn't been used in 6 months, or not worth paying to store it, then we sell it. Today has been the 2nd day where I actually packed a few boxes. 3 yesterday and so far today 2 boxes.

Our house is starting look different. No plants outside. Since I started in the kitchen it looks really bare. Empty boxes all over the house...is strange. Before children moving was so exciting. Now after 2 children it's different. Still exciting, but you leave behind so many more memories. It will be worth it though. Even if you think we are crazy for going through all this just to enjoy living on the beach for 5 months...it will be worth it. I cant wait to wake up to the ocean view, smell and sounds. And watch the sunset over the ocean. And in between walk down to the ocean whenever we want, or swim in the pool and hot tub whenever we want. It will be a new adventure for the Alessi Family.

1 comment:

twondra said...

I can imagine it's a lot of mixed emotions. :( You sound so busy!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...