Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Anniversary Dinner and a Caden first

We are very spontaneous people that believe it's the small things in life that count the most. When I woke up yesterday Nick had gotten me a picnic lunch gift of burgers, pizza, hot dogs, fries, coke and then some fruit slices. 

It never fails that on our anniversary he is either deployed, tdy, we are moving or its just bad financial timing. Right now its bad financial timing because of moving. We aren't huge celebrators anyways. So this to me is just perfect. Really. I'm not a wife who holds a grudge because I didn't get some big fancy piece of jewelry, a new car or some new furniture or wardrobe. Really I'm not. A card is just fine.

Since I didnt give any gifts or even a card ( I know, shame on me and I feel terrible ) I offered to get dinner. Kayla and I had to make a commissary run for milk, bread, cheese and whatnot anyways so while I was there I got some deli sandwiches made, grabbed a bag of chips for each of us and some cupcakes with little heart sprinkles on them. It was so yummy and it was fun and simple. It was right up our alley and Nick loved it. The kids loved the cupcakes of course.

To top of the day, Caden went poop on the BIG potty! 18 months and 3 weeks ago and he poops on the potty the first time. I have only sat him on the potty 1 time before but I honestly think he understands from watching and hearing Kayla go everyday. AWESOME Anniversary gift my son. And for my long time readers/friends..you might remember Kayla at 17.5 months old, ON MY BIRTHDAY, went potty for the first time. Thank you my children!

This is not a picture of him on the potty yesterday when he went poop, but a picture of him about a week ago when I sat him on the potty for the first time.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Michelle! I have been looking all over for you guys! So glad to reconnect. The kids are adorable and I can't believe how big! So glad I found you and can follow you guys again!

twondra said...

Yay Caden!! That's amazing!!

And LOVE the cupcakes, too. :) They look so yummy. :)

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...