Thursday, 27 September 2012

Trying my best to get back to it


This morning I had gotten an email on Facebook from a lady I dont know. But in the email she asked what leg exercises I do because my legs look great. It feels nice to know my 2.5 years of hard work has paid off and you can physically SEE that I am fit.

But lately, the past 13 weeks to be exact, I have hit the treadmill MAYBE 3 times. I don't really remember.

For a normal person this might be acceptable. However, for myself it is NOT acceptable. I work very hard and discipline myself to eat very healthy. But, again, for the past 13 weeks I have not. Food is just gross to me at most times (although this happens less now) and I just eat whatever I can stand the thought or taste of. Getting out of bed is usually ( also getting better ) a struggle so even glancing at my ex best friend Mr. treadmill in the morning is disgusting.

I miss my daily morning 3 mile runs. I miss them terrible and I feel so awful about myself. I know most of you are thinking I shouldn't beat myself up over this, but I am. I am and I do. My healthy eating and running is my lifestyle. Its what I do. And to not be on that track is really HARD. Really hard.

So this morning I thought enough is enough. I am 13 weeks pregnant and both baby and I are healthy. No more being afraid to take charge of that treadmill.

Now I wont be running 3 miles a day but I most definitely can at least do 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, at the least.

I do not want to be the pregnant lady who gained a massive amount of weight. I want to just have a nice big round belly, still be healthy and still be physically fit. After the birth I want to still look toned, and in shape and be able to catch up to my 3 miles pretty easily. I want this and I need this.

So folks, as of this morning I started. I did 1.81 miles in 30 minutes which was walking 3.6 and a few minutes of light jogging at 4.4 mph. This is way slow for me, but I cant push it. I normally can do a 9 minute mile!

After my run I stepped on the scale. I was holding my breath! But since my last weigh in at 11 weeks, I was still the same. Considering that was 2 weeks ago and the not so great way I been eating, and the fact that this was AFTER eating breakfast....this is GREAT! Im still with clothes on, after drinking a lot from my walk, and after breakfast, I'm still only up 7 pounds. From 117 to 125. This is great motivation for me to start and keep at it!

And I did a belly shot of the day. 13 weeks 3 days.


2 comments:

battynurse said...

Ok, so you are pregnant and your priority is taking care of yourself so you are taking care of baby. I understand that gaining weight is scary but it is normal. Getting on the treadmill to at least walk a bit is fabulous. Walking is great exercise! Keep at it and I know you'll have no problem getting your per baby body back.

DaniKel said...

Just listen to your body and keep at it!! The exercise will help with labor and delivery too!

Oh, and I have a random, kind of off the wall question. You mentioned a couple of posts back about the fake boobs. I was just wondering if breastfeeding is an option with fake boobs? I am not sure if breastfeeding is something you would want to do or not. I am just curious if you wanted to breast feed if you would be able to? I guess I could probably just google it.... lol I just figured that you might know.

Oh, and I think you will definitely be the pregnant girl that is allll belly!! :)

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...