The appointment was great. We watched the baby move around so much. This time baby has actual arms and legs that were failing around. The baby was actually measuring bigger at 11 weeks and 5 days and today is only 11 weeks and 1 day. Since the midwife couldn't get what she thought was an accurate enough measurement she sent me to the radiology clinic for a better scan. That is scheduled for Tuesday the 18th. I will have to drink 32 oz of fluid 1.5 hours prior to the appointment and NOT PEE until the radiology tech tells me I can. ( I don't see how this will be possible for me! )Unfortunately Nick will be TDY to Colorado for 2 weeks of training, leaving this Sunday the 15th so he wont be able to be there for it.
We also have our first 3d ultrasound on the 22nd which Nick will also miss out on. But a few days after he gets back we have a gender scan and a 15 week OB appointment.
The midwife pointed out that the baby has big feet ( not from me considering I'm only a size 6! ) and the heart rate is at 153 bpm which according to the midwives tale indicates a boy. We still have 4 weeks until our 3d gender scan. She also pointed out the umbilical cord and yolk sac which will start to disappear now and be gone by the next couple of weeks.
We talked briefly about weight gain. I started this pregnancy at 117 and the scale at the OB office told me 125. I was in SHOCK. This includes my breakfast and liquids plus my clothing. At home I weigh in before I eat and without clothing so I think about 3 lbs of this was extra weight I wouldn't normally weigh at home. A few days ago my scale said 122. She said it was OK at this point because of how tiny I started out. She said the smaller you start out the more weight you gain in the first trimester but it will begin to even out throughout trimester 2 and 3. I sure hope shes right! She also stated that because of how small I am I could gain up to 35 pounds and be healthy. My goal is only 25 MAX, but we shall see. I eat as healthy as I can but I am to the point I AM HUNGRY almost constantly. I have about 6 small meals a day. And I mean meals...an apple or a banana or a mango (which I am eating a lot of) just doesn't cut it. I need heavy food to fill me up which only lasts about 2 hours and then I'm on the search for more food again. Even at 1 am sometimes I'm in the kitchen eating a sandwich. Its crazy!
Anyhow, here is the picture we got!
Home doppler didn't arrive yesterday. I'm disappointed. The tracking says its out for delivery for today but its 3 pm and it still isn't here. I want my dang doppler already!
.

4 comments:
Depending on how it ships it could still come. UPS delivers until like 7 and I think fed ex does too. Hope doppler gets there soon. Glad all is well.
OMG - he/she is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Hoping the doppler came after you posted! ;)
With Nick being away - you will be able to call him up and he can listen to the heartbeat with you! I used to do that in the evenings when Kel was at work. She worked 2nd shift, so I would find the heartbeat and then call her. :)
I hope you get your Doppler very soon!
Love hearing the updates. :) So happy for you guys!!
That's a great ultrasound picture! Beautiful baby!
Post a Comment