Lots.
First, today we dropped off the Dad at the airport early in the morning. He will be in Colorado for TWO weeks. Lord, how did I ever survive 8 month long deployments? I'm dreading 2 weeks without him home. I hope it goes by fast. There is so much to look forward to within the next 2 weeks that he is gone, that I imagine it will. But it still seems like so long away. Football is on TV right now, I don't watch football but the sounds of it somehow make it feel like he's closer to home. Pregnancy hormones kicking in? The past hour, all I've wanted to do is cry. Him being home with his family is more important then him up in the Colorado mountains training 11,000 feet up in the air, right? Booooo.
Wednesday morning Caden woke up sick. He's been clinging onto a cold or something for a week now. So I picked him up baby cradle style instead of on my hip to carry him downstairs. I was still out of it, him crying woke me up suddenly from a deep sleep and I think I was in zombie mode. I got to the 2nd to last step and thought it was the last. OUCH. I collapsed from pain, rug burned my right knee, twisted my left ankle/foot, held onto Caden's body while his head hit the floor. Good thing we paid the extra 5 grand for the top notch carpet padding underneath. He was fine...I wasn't. I was in PAIN. Couldn't move let alone get up. Kayla went for my cell phone. I called Nick who was almost to base for PT. He turned around, came home and said it looked bad so we dropped of the kids at our friends house and headed to the ER. They wanted me to get an xray, I went back, denied the xray because it just wasn't worth it to me to risk the loss of the baby to xray me. So they sent me back to the doctor who said it looked bad. Looked fractured or brake and an xray was needed. So I went back crying and they covered me with every lead filled protective thing a mob they had ( 6 all together) and did the xray. It turned out to be just a bad sprain. Of course we worried about the baby even though I hadn't hit my belly on anything. Just landed on my knee pretty hard. Doc said there was no need to check because I had no cramping or bleeding. As soon as we got home we checked with the doppler and I found the heartbeat right away.
Today is Sunday and Im still limping a tad. Ugh.
Also, on top of being exhausted and limping, during this 11th week, I am sick and battling whatever Kayla gave Caden and now Caden has passed onto me. The whole sore throat and stuffy nose, cant breathe, cant taste, no appetite, blowing green thick snot out of my nose, cant stop drinking liquids and still so thirsty, and forget about me doing anymore than one chore a day because the energy is just nonexistent.
Tomorrow we hit the big 12 weeks. Its our last week in the 3rd month. And by some calculations it is the last week in the first trimester, and other calculations there is one more week in the first trimester. Wow. Talk about huge, big, miracle milestone here. I am stunned myself and still can hardly believe there is a baby growing me that is now the size of a plum.
Pictures from this morning, from cell phone so not great.
Now Im the point that any shirt I wear, you can see a belly. There is no hiding it anymore!
2 more days (Tuesday) until the ultrasound at the radiology clinic. Nick wont be home for this but that is OK because no one is allowed in the room with me anyways.
4 days after this appointment (Saturday the 22nd) is my first 3d ultrasound. This is going to be interesting to actually see the baby in 3d! Nick will miss out on this so Im taking my best friend with me along with Kayla and Caden because they actually enjoy seeing and hearing the heartbeat.
A week after that on the 30th Nick will be home.
Tuesday October 2nd, 2 days after he gets home is our 4d Gender Scan appointment at: http://www.vegasbaby4dultrasound.com/
Although we will NOT be announcing gender that day to the public. The gender will remain a big secret from EVERYONE until we get some gender revel photos done of ourselves which will tell the big news.
That weekend, October 5th, we have a weekend road trip planned. I have no idea where we are going. It was originally planned as the Grand Canyon...but Nick has since said he found something better. I cant imagine what could be better than the Grand Canyon! Eventually we will do the Grand Canyon. Its a special place to me that I went with my Great Grandparents when I was 15 years old and its a trip and time with them that I will never forget.
Well, that is about all the news I have. For now. This is quite a bit to keep up with anyways, so I will leave it at this! Until next time!


1 comment:
I hope your cold and your knee are better soon! I cannot believe how fast your pregnancy is going!
Post a Comment