Today is one of those days where I wonder if I really am pregnant. If this really is working. I dont FEEL anything. Sure, last night I had a terrible headache but that could be from anything really.
Supposedly, at 10 weeks 2 days along:
The baby's head is just under half the length of his body. His limbs are still relatively short but the hands and feet can look quite big. Early basic trunk and limb movements are taking place but it's too early to feel them at this stage.
Hormones are influencing your unborn baby's development and the ovaries or testes now begin to form.
A minute genital tube forms the external genitalia but each sex appears the same at this stage. This is not entirely surprising since the phallus is only 0.09 in (2.5 mm) long. Your baby's bladder and rectum have now separated. The kidneys will take some time to fully develop: two buds grow up from the bladder to the tissue that will become the kidneys, one on each side. These so-called uteric buds form the ureters-the tubes that transport urine from the kidney to the bladder. The ureteric bud must successfully fuse with the kidney tissue in the pelvis. As the ureteric buds expands upward, the early kidneys developing in the pelvis will move upward to lie in the abdomen.
But, how can this be when I feel nothing? How can there be a life the size of a prune growing in me when today I am not bloated so I don't look pregnant and I certainly don't feel pregnant.
This is the time I get weak and feel the need for another ultrasound. I did this 3 times and all 3 times the baby turned out perfect when I was so sure something was going wrong. So why would it be any different this time?
I wish I could stop this nonsense.
And trying not to worry..... yeah. Doesn't work.
Wednesday, 5 September 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When Pooh Bear got his wings
2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...
-
Smokey is now imprinted on Mama forever. Just like Pooh Bear on the opposite side. May is Pooh Bear's birthday month. Its the month h...
-
Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock alon...
-
The past week or so I been working on a list of what to pack in the hospital bag. When the time comes, I dont want to have to worry about if...
4 comments:
Hang in there! I know it's hard to not worry. But soon, you will start to feel little flitters, and your growing belly will grow more and more each week.
We invested in a fetal doppler. I think it was BeBe something or another. And it was my ease of mind for sure! I believe that with Caelyn we heard her heartbeat shortly after 10 weeks. And with you being so small, I bet, depending on how the placenta and the baby are positioned, that you would be able to hear the little bean! And it would really ease your mind and your heart!
Hugs and love and pregnant belly rubs!!!!!
Ok, so I went and checked my blog... if I blogged the 10 week update right on the 10 week mark, then we found the heartbeat at 10 weeks 1 day. And our doppler was the Bistos Hi Bebe.
It was driving me crazy! lol
You'll worry through the pregnancy, it is how life is. Don't think I would buy a doppler though. It can be hard to tell the differnce between the fetal heart and the maternal heart which is racing through anxiety. Once the movements start you'll feel better and they are a better indicator of how well baby is.
Lovely to see your news of your pregnancy.
Michelle,
I used to have a blog and I lurk a bit now and again. I had three miscarriages and tons of failed fertility treatments including IVF. I got pregnant with no drugs on a natural cycle and that was the baby I brought home. Every day of my pregnancy I thought it was fake, waited for the ball to drop and worried about worst case scenarios. I couldn't tell I was pregnant until movement around 16 weeks. The only thing that kept me semi-sane was the fetal Doppler I rented. I found his heartbeat around 10 weeks and I am a chunk! I used it until delivery, the night before in fact. I loved going to bed each night hearing his heartbeat.
Hang in there! It goes faster than you think!
Post a Comment