Monday, 19 December 2011

Starting our 'lasts'

Today marks 5 weeks and 6 days left on this tiny island. We have started enjoying doing our 'lasts' here. For example, I have been wanting to go to the market here early on Saturday morning just take stroll slowly and take advantage of picture taking. Its pretty crowded usually so I didnt get as many as I would have liked, but it was a

GREAT

feeling to walk around knowing it was one of our last times there. I imagine, in late January once Nick has off work here for good, we will probably go to pass the time, although we wont be able to purchase anything because we want our luggage to be as light as possible. We have to carry at least 1 suitcase each plus an extra suitcase for Nick's military gear, plus 2 toddlers, plus 1 cat, plus 1 carry on bag each but I know there will be at least an extra for laptop, plus 2 car seats and a double stroller.

Anyways, we have started enjoying the thoughts of our 'lasts' here on Guam.

Zucchini flowers ( I guess they eat these somehow) and local bananas.




Local eggplants and calamansi, which are the local lemon/lime type things, and I dont know what else those are.

Local music which they always play obnoxiously loud.

The vendor that we always get chicken sticks from for the kids at $1.25 each.

The kids always each 1 stick each, every bite.

Boonie dog...homeless dogs here on island. They are everywhere. Pretty sad.


Puppies for sale in a small cage. Normal here but sad for us Americans. 
I couldn't focus on the puppies because I couldn't stand there long enough before people started coming over in my way.




Caden and the $1 jeep he got from the market. He carried this thing with him everywhere for 2 days.

2 comments:

Montana's mom said...

I'll bet you will be glad to get back to the mainland!! Enjoy your "lasts!!"

Mark said...

I don't understand the dogs and the puppy thing. It's such a small place, why don't they just end the dogs suffering and then you wouldn't see these dogs everywhere?
m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...