Yesterday was the Dad's 31st birthday along with the 8 week mark until we are that plane!
The morning started out with me finishing up last minute touches on his gifts and making a no bake cake! That's right, a no bake cake. We don't have an oven in this condo so I had to come up with something.
Thanks to pinterest again, I found this:
A no bake cake batter truffle!
After finishing his gifts I put them under the tree.
Caden licked the cake batter from the mixer. And got it all over his belly.
These are the truffles before the candy coating on top.
And this is the inside of them after they were finished.
I'm not kidding here when I say eating these was like licking the cake batter from the bowl.
Wait, No...eating these was even better than licking the cake batter from the bowl.
They were amazing.
(And yes, I went off the diet a tad to eat these!)
Dad opening his gifts.
One of which was a chalk board made by Mom. We are always writing messages to each other with window crayons in the bathroom on the mirror, so I thought this would be fun.
Plus it matches the color scheme of our bathroom to be in New Mexico.
After this excitement the kids received a very big box from Mimi and Papa
containing their Christmas gifts. We decided that it would be a good time to open them because we dont want them overwhelmed on Christmas morning. Last year it took literally ALL day for them to open gifts. They would open something and get distracted with something else and then go back to the item they just opened and we would beg them to open another gift. This year they are much older so it might not be like that. Also, we figured it was a good time since it was Dad's birthday.
So we proceeded.
They got tons of goodies but here are only some pictures.
They both got a new blanket.
Kayla got a hippopotamus for Christmas!
And here she is hanging it on the tree.
Caden got a couple of hats!
And some Chuck toys.
Sock for New Mexico!
How crazy is it that my children don't own socks?!
No need for them here.
A new tutu! Her pink one is finally starting to get too small.
The Dad got a family heirloom gift. Cuff links that belonged to his grandfather.
There is no price for things like this.
And after the opening of gifts from Mimi and Papa, we got dressed and headed out to Dad's birthday dinner.
This is us in the lobby of the hotel before getting into the car.
(and yes, that is Caden's hand on my boob. I didn't even notice.)















4 comments:
Happy Birthday Nick- great pictures. Love the boob shot!
Happy Birthday to "The Man"! Does he make you call him that?
So Caden's a "boob man", huh?
m.
Happy Birthday Nick!!!
The boob shot is too funny!!
Awww, love all the pics, especially the boob picture. :) Too cute! You guys are such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment