So, hubby sat down and figured out how to crochet and then figured out what I was doing wrong with my edges and why they were looking like triangles. (And thank you to Kim who left a comment about how to fix the problem too!)
I finished up the practice yarn and now Kayla has a baby doll blanket.
I have since a couple days before Easter started on Caden's blanket.
Im doing his first because Kayla has a quilt I made for her a couple years ago out of all her baby onesies.
After this Kayla will get a crochet'ed blanket and Caden will get a quilt from his outgrown t-shirts I still have.
Its coming along very quickly. Easter weekend I didnt have time to do any of it, but this week I sure will.
Cat makes the process a little slower....
Sometimes he is nice and moves slightly out of the way.
I am now done will one whole ball of yarn on Caden's blanket and have started another.
I will take a pictures and update as I can.





2 comments:
Nice Job Michele! Glad to hear that I could help. I don't follow the crochet books, just what my Mom and Grandma taught me. My favorite stitch is doing your single chain on the first and when you turn to start your second row then do 3 double chain stitches in the third hold. Continue this throughout the blanket. It makes each stitch look like a shell. I can send a picture if I'm confusing you.
Kim
My Mom crotchets. She tries to make all the kids a blanket before they are born. Gryfinn didn't get one, cause she was working 3rd shift at the time.. well, and we didn't have the best relationship during my pregnancy with him. But things changed for the better, and she made Caelyn a couple of blankets. When I was a teenager, she taught me how to crotchet, and I would mess around with it, but haven't done it since. But I sure do love the blankets she has made the kids!!
Post a Comment