Monday, 16 April 2012

Hoover Dam trip

Sunday we went on a small road trip to Hoover Dam. Now you know Im going to load this post up with pictures. Its just what I do!
We started out later in the morning than we usually start on weekends, around 9ish.

On the way I had no idea where we were going. We passed a bait and tackle store and I made the comment, "A bait and tackle store? Like there are places to be fishing around here. Its the desert!"

And then I notice we are on Lake Mead Blvd and I make another dumb comments, "I wonder if this road goes all the way to Lake Mead?"
And the Dada is driving trying not laugh or make any dumb remarks  back to me. 
Then we pass Hollywood Blvd, and I ask him if it goes all the way to Hollywood, CA.

And this would be Caden while we are driving. 
About half way there we have a scenic pit stop at an overlook of the Las Vegas Bay.
The picture below I wasn't ready for obviously, but I like it because it shows how tall Kayla is getting.
She was all ready to go dig in some rocks!

And Caden happy to be surrounded by rocks!
What is it with my kids and rocks?!

Dad taking a panoramic picture with his phone.



Kayla showing me her 'shiny' rocks.

Caden is currently potty training, and nature called....


Then we got back in the car and headed to Hoover Dam!

This is the Hoover Dam gift shop and Cafe, where we had lunch. And for lunch I had a cheese veggie sandwich and it was so good! I now am making them at home and cant get enough. Just toasted bread, with fat free cheese, 0 calorie butter spray, and fresh veggies on it. So yummy!
And....The Hoover Dam!
It was so beautiful, it was hard to believe you were looking at something real and in person!


This is Kayla in the middle of shouting Pizza Burger!

We wanted to talk the walk across this bridge but it was 60 minutes minimum without stopping to sight see and take pictures, and the kids were getting too tired and hungry to we had to skip. But next time!!



Amazing.

This was the view from the parking garage.

After lunch, and a walk we headed home because Kayla was just too tired.
We drove back past the scenic overlook.

And knew we hit some as soon as we saw the Las Vegas strip in view.




1 comment:

Mark said...

Great photos!
You're going to have to show that photo of Caden to his future girlfriends. He should love that!
m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...