So, its been a wild couple of days. Yesterday March 11th, Monday, I went in for my normal, now weekly appointment for week 37. The night before I had some pretty bad menstrual like cramping so I thought I would mention it at the appointment. When I went back, my blood pressure was elevated. I told the nurse I did have cramping but not sure what it is because I don't know what contractions feel like. So she offered me the option to have the doctor check me and of course I said yes. They normally don't start checking until 38 weeks.
The doctor came in and checked me and I was NOT expecting anything at all like, Oh you are 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. And yes, I was feeling contractions. Real ones. Not braxton hicks. REAL folks. Real.
Because of the contractions, combined with high blood pressure (also I had one time of high blood pressure at 28 weeks) the doctor decided to send me up to labor and delivery to get checked out.
Once I got there I was all hooked up. Midwife did an ultrasound and we saw the baby practicing taking breaths. She also felt her head down low so she is definitely dropped.
The midwife wants to take all precautions and call me boarder line high risk for pre eclampsia because of the high blood pressure. Even though it dropped back to normal and only elevated once more during the 2 hours I was monitored.
So, the plan was I had to pee in a jug for 24 hours. Yuck. She said I might make it the 24 hours or I might not. I was having nice contractions while in the hospital being monitored. One of them was pretty nice and wow, hurt. Obviously, Im still here and no baby yet.
After I left the hospital from being monitored the contractions stopped. As of right now, I haven't had any in a little over 24 hours and I hope to God that doesn't mean I will be stuck at 3 cm for days on end with no action.
I had to bring the pee jug back in the next morning (this morning) as well as have a growth scan ultrasound for the baby.
Yesterday evening we decided to go to McDonalds for dinner. I had a weird feeling while I was eating and couldn't tell if I had to pee or not so I went. As soon I got to the potty...there it was. The biggest, weirdest, grossest, 5 inch long clear, white, brown, snotty looking mucous plug. Oh my. I don't think I will ever forget that moment. Wow. Gross.
So, this morning. The scan showed a happy healthy baby. The ultrasound tech pointed out a whole bunch of white specks all around her head which was hair! And she pointed out Carly has chubby cheeks.
Then I went back for a blood pressure check and it was normal.
I am not concerned about pre eclampsia at all but the doctors are watching me close just in case.
I now go 2 times a week for Non Stress Tests, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Midwife said they wont allow me to go over 39 weeks and that I had an induction date set. She didn't give me the date or go over it with me yet, but will on Thursday.
Again, today...more mucous plug has come out. I honestly don't know how its possible that there is that much stuff in there! So gross. I hope this means that my cervix is doing something. Maybe thinning out more trying to get to full effacement so I can start to dilate more? I don't know.... hopeful wishful thinking here. Maybe the longer the early labor, the faster the active labor? I dont know. I just want her out already and do not want to be induced! Unless she is past her 39 weeks and still not arrived then bring on the induction, but Id rather her come in the next few days on her own.
Im hoping that we are just a couple or few days away from this baby arriving and I don't have to be induced.
Today would have been a great birthday for her.
11 years ago Nick asked me to marry him.
20 years ago Nick's Grandfather passed away.
So Moms, when you start early labor? How long were you in early labor? Did you lose your mucous plug? How long after did active labor start? Did your water ever break? If yes, did it break before active labor or after it started?
Give me some hope here friends!
Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When Pooh Bear got his wings
2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...
-
Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock alon...
-
Smokey is now imprinted on Mama forever. Just like Pooh Bear on the opposite side. May is Pooh Bear's birthday month. Its the month h...
-
So, why did I go private? We very unfortunately had some mean, negative, hurtful words said to us and about us from our birth mother. She ...
2 comments:
Mucus plug on the Sunday, nothing more until the contractions started 5pm on the Thursday. Baby born at 8pm as a planned home birth with just husband and wonderful midwife there. Most amazing experience ever :-)
I never comment anymore but I still read :) I delivered a baby boy 3 weeks ago and just like almost all of my kids my water broke at home before labor started.This one was at 38 weeks 2 days, Luciano was induced so he doesn't count LOL he was 36 weeks. Serendipity was 39 weeks 4 days and Bellatessa was 38 weeks. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics of your little one.
Post a Comment