I then got swabbed for some routine bacteria test, which I forgot the name of. The midwife said only about 1 in 1,000 people test + for it so its not a concern, just something they have to do. If its positive I take an antibiotic for it when I go into labor. Its something like a normal bacteria that lives in our intestines but can be in the vaginal canal and can be given to the baby on the way out during a vaginal birth and get into her lungs.
After that she was feeling all around my belly and was telling me what body parts of Carly's are where. And I was exact right on with that I thought I had been feeling for a long time. Her feet are to my right side. Her butt is up high way above my belly button and at my belly button is sometimes her butt, sometimes shoulders. Midwife could feel her head down low and she had an arm to my left side but I never feel anything on my left side. She said her back was to my back so she is face up!
While she was feeling my belly, she could feel I was having a slight contraction. And then I said, "Oh, so that is what that slight crampy feeling is!?" Yup. It is. I been having braxton hicks contractions and didn't realize what it was. Just thought I was crampy. Woops. She said that the real contractions are just like that but much worse and once I cant walk or talk through them, then it's time to come in to Labor and Delivery. They are very very light right now. So my guess is she's got a couple more weeks before she is ready.
After that we got a quick peep at her on the ultrasound. Saw her heart beat which was up from 140's previously, to now 150's. We looked at her toes, and her fingers, and her face. Midwife tried to get a look at her girl parts but she wasn't cooperating. Fluids look great. Happy healthy baby girl cooking in there. Midwife is guessing her to be about 6 pounds now and guessing she should be 7-7 1/2 lbs at birth. But my hopes are she doesn't make it to 40 weeks and comes out sooner and closer to the 7 lb mark.
I told the midwife about my seasonal allergy problem going on, and that I was in the ER on Sunday morning because my nose and face were so closed up I couldn't breathe. I got some clariton from ER but it doesn't seem to be helping. Midwive gave me some more nasal spray, and some sudefed but said not to take the sudafed for more than 3 days. I will be taking that at night for the next 3 nights in hopes to get some sleep.
I also explained to her that near constant my fingers and hands and arms are tingling and I read it was normal, but its so bad for me that its almost constantly. Even when Im not doing anything. I drop stuff. It wakes me up out of sleep even it's so bad. She told me it was my carpel tunnel and that I shouldn't expect it to stop until a couple weeks after delivery. Oh joy. There isn't anything I can do about it, its just something annoying I have to live with for now.
Then we briefly talked about birth control. Something I never had to think about before, so it's been a really hard choice for me.
Next appointment is on Monday, at 37w3d. Only 6 more days away. Crazy that I get seen weekly now to check on the baby. Just crazy. Where has the time gone? That first trimester I was such an emotional mess I swear it took a year to get through, and now here we are. At the END. Wow.
Yesterday I took a full body shot in the bathroom mirror of Kayla's preschool. I dont have a full body mirror at home so I took advantage. I got this picture.
My belly shape has defiantly changed during the past 4 days. I think Carly is more front and center, preparing to drop. Its my assumption, and Im ready for some droppage so I'm sticking to that assumption.
Ha!

3 comments:
Was it the Group B strep test? It will prob be negative :) What are you going to do about birth control? I cant imagine you guys are done having babies. Your such a loving family and still young. Keep practicing!!! Lol
Yes, that was it! The Group B strep test. Thanks. lol.
As of now, we dont plan on having more. Right now Im leaning towards the arm implant thingy...forget what its called, starts with an L.
Post a Comment