It all started Sunday when I woke up not feeling myself. By 1 pm I went to take a nap and woke up 3 hours later only because I forced myself to wake up. I felt like I could have slept the rest of the day and all night. I woke feeling terrible.
The next morning was worse. I had to drag myself out of bed to go have my glucose test. By the time I got there I could barely walk. I was having heat flashes. I had no energy. I was thinking it was because of the 3 day high carb glucose test diet but there were 2 other girls there testing as well and they were all happy and chatty and laughing. I just wanted to punch them pretty much. I asked the lab tech if it was normal for me to feel like that and he pretty much didn't know but said everyone is different. My blood was drawn. I had another heat flash and thought I was going to pass out mid blood draw. Then I had to drink the dumb glucose drink which was disgusting. it was like drinking liquid sugar with a little cherry flavoring. After I drank it, it was back to the waiting room for an hour until then next blood draw. except, I made it about 15 minutes sitting there before I had to literally run to the bathroom to barely make it to the toilet to throw up. I didn't even get to close the door behind me before I started puking. oopps.
I went to the lab and told them the red drink came back up and I really didnt feel good and they said I had to re-schedule another day to re-do the test. So I did. But I could barely stand and much less walk. So on the way out I stopped at the Women's Clinic where I am seen regularly for my pregnancy and explained something was wrong, I did not feel good. I sat in the waiting room while they got a nurse and I barely made it through sitting. I asked if there was a bed to lay down in, I felt like I was going to pass out just sitting there.
The nurse came with a wheel chair and took me up to the 2nd floor to Labor and Delivery and they hooked me up with the NST machine to check the baby- she was totally fine.
She was kicking up a storm and moving so much the entire 4.5 hours I was in the hospital. It was so neat to feel her and hear her at the same time. I could hear her heartbeat and kicks at the same time I was feeling them. So neat. I just cant get over there is a human being in there! One we made ourselves!
I was also hooked up to IV fluids for dehydration after being diagnosed with a stomach virus.
I had a pint and a half of fluids.
They also checked on my fasting blood that was drawn that morning and it was 103. A little high for it to have been after fasting. A normal range is as low as 60 and a diabetic person anything over 120. My fasting level this morning was 77 so I can see why they are questioning my 103. They did not want me re-taking the drink test in case I throw up again and then we are back at square one with having no idea what my levels are. So now, I have to finger prick myself 4 times a day for 2 weeks and on my 30 week appointment they will check my levels. I can say after only one day of finger pricks, Im safe. I do not have gestational diabetes.
This morning first thing Im at 77. Last night 2 hours after dinner I was 64. Yesterday 3 hours after lunch I was 118 (but I was hungry). All very normal range. I am guessing my fasting blood draw was elevated a tad because I had a stomach virus and had no idea...
But all is well. Yesterday I was much better but still very tired and worn out. Today so far, I feel even better. I had a dream about a very large icee from the gas station last night, so today that is my main mission.
See you all in 2 days for an updated belly picture and pregnancy details!



2 comments:
Glad you're doing better and got the fluids you needed. Also nice that you don't have to redo the test.
Glad you're doing better. :) I can't imagine what that was like for you. Mark does feel for you having to prick your finger 4 times a day....he does it. :( It sucks. So glad you don't have gestational diabetes!
Post a Comment