Christmas Day was a blast. Kayla woke up and we took her into our bedroom. We told her Santa came but we had to go wake up Caden before we could down stairs. I was standing in his room watching him sleep, thinking to myself, "Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't the kids be waking up the parents, not the parents waking up the kid?"
We woke him up, and down stairs we went. A few hours were spent on opening gifts! We did however, notice Kayla wasn't herself. She wasn't overly excited, she didn't smile a whole lot except when discovering what she was opening and it only lasted a second or two. She wasn't her normal early bird morning self.
After all was open and the house was a wreck, Mom and Kayla went out to pick up some late breakfast/early lunch. My energy has been down and the thought of being in the kitchen cooking hurt. So we picked up some McDonald's, came home, cleaned up only a little and just hung out.
I prepared a veggie tray and we gathered the ingredients for no bake cookies, and baked mac and cheese and headed to our friends house 12 houses down the street. We arrived there, finished cooking, snacked, and sat down for dinner. Kayla wouldn't take one bite of food and just randomly without saying a word to anyone, went to the couch with a pillow and blanket. Just minutes later, she was throwing up. After dinner, her and Caden spent the next 2 hours taking a nap and at 5:15 I woke them up. Kayla had no chance in waking up to open gifts, Caden tried but was too tired. He was not ready to wake up that morning when we woke him.
From there it was all down hill. Kayla spent the rest of the week very sick. Finally Saturday morning we took her into the ER, and she was diagnosed with upper respiratory infection and a mild case of croup. MISERABLE isnt the word. Yesterday, was the first day she was off the couch, eating, and playing a little.
We all have the sore throat, stuffy nose going on and its not fun.
Now, here are pictures!
Wednesday, 2 January 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When Pooh Bear got his wings
2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...
-
Smokey is now imprinted on Mama forever. Just like Pooh Bear on the opposite side. May is Pooh Bear's birthday month. Its the month h...
-
Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock alon...
-
The past week or so I been working on a list of what to pack in the hospital bag. When the time comes, I dont want to have to worry about if...







1 comment:
Oh I'm so sorry that the kids were sick on Christmas. It looks like they enjoyed it anyway!
Post a Comment