Thursday, 11 October 2012

Surprise weekend vacation day 3!

Our 3rd day of our weekend vacation arrived too fast. We woke early as always, had a big hotel breakfast. Came back to shower everyone and pack up our room. In between all that I took some shots of the belly. I actually woke up feeling more physically pregnant than ever. It just feels so different. My  belly is getting more firm and the skin feels tighter. Not so much stretching yet, but just tight.




After checking out of the hotel room, we headed to the San Diego Zoo!
Another reason for our trip to be in San Diego is that active duty military members are free, spouse is 10% discount, combined with the Zoo's October special of all children are free. So it was a little over $30 for all 4 of us to get in. Thank you military benefits once again!


The zoo is huge. We didnt even get to see a section of it because we were all wiped out, and had a 5 hour drive home.



The zoo opened with a presentation of a Toucan bird.

Then right at opening the gates, some Macaw birds flew over us. One guy got pooped on.








Kayla and her busted lip from the dinner the night before.








After 5 hours at the zoo we started our drive home. The kids fell asleep quick and didnt wake up until almost the end of the drive, with about 2 hours to go! That was nice!


And of course a much needed in a hurry pee break from Caden who was asleep for 3 hours and then HAD TO GO!


1 comment:

DaniKel said...

Love the pic of Caden!! lol

It looks like you guys had an amazing adventure!! Love it!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...