Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Surprise weekend vacation Day 2!

On the 2nd day of our trip we got up and had the hotel breakfast.  Our plan was to head to Sea World for the day but it didn't open until 10 am.

So we decided to take a trip to Ross first. I packed way more then enough clothes for the kids and Dad, but I forgot myself. I only packed ONE shirt and 2 pairs of maternity pants. One being a pair of jeans and the other black stretchy pants. But it was way to warm out to spend the day wearing that in the sun.

The night prior, the evening of our arrival, we agreed to meet with some very special VIP's for dinner so I wanted to look half way nice and not frumpy....these days NOTHING fits me.

After our stop at Ross, we had lunch at Carl Jr's....not so great. Yuck. But, our meal was given away to someone in drive thru and ended up taking 20 minutes for us to get, so we got it for free. I got the Santa Fe Turkey Burger. It wasn't bad. The kids and Dad ate all the nasty fatty burger and fries. Gross.


Then we got into Sea World! Once a year military members and their dependents get into the park for free. This was the whole reason for our trip! At $78 a person per ticket, this is a DEAL.

I am kicking myself now, but we didn't take our good camera into the park. It was a lot of walking, hot out and the camera is darn heavy. So I only got cell phone pictures. Bummer.

We first saw whales. AMAZING creatures. They are so gigantic yet so gentle in the way they move and swim.


                              Then we went on to pet some star fish. And walk through an aquarium.

We did a cool skyride that went over the water.

                                           And the BEST part....we got to pet dolphins!









 After the dolphins and some rides, myself and the kids were pretty worn out. My fault I was worn out and crabby.... don't let a pregnant woman get hungry, NO MATTER WHAT. I was INSISTING that I wait until dinner time because we had the special dinner plans....that was a BIG MISTAKE. We headed out and spent an hour at the hotel before dinner time.

Then off to The Hard Rock Cafe San Diego we went!


This dinner was special because we got to meet the kids' birth mother's sister and her kids and husband. As soon as I saw them it was like I had met them before and already knew them. It was so great to be able to do this. It was as if I knew the girls already from watching them grow up on face book. Caden loved them, and Kayla had so much fun she fell, hit her lip on a glass cup and 2 teeth went through her lip. We had a bloody mess all over but it sure made a memorable night even more memorable.



After dinner we lined up the kiddos outside to pose for some pictures. That would be Kayla with a rubber glove full of ice for her lip. Poor kid. I think Caden was quite fond of the girls!


It was hard to get a good picture without glowing eyes....





It was a great night. Cant wait to meet them again! Hopefully at a place the kids can run around and play together. They loved each other!







No comments:

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...