Our first camping trip was just a few days after Pooh Bear's 16th birthday. We camped near by since we had no idea what we were doing. We had no idea what so ever, it would be a camping experience we would never ever forget. I wish I had known it would be Pooh Bear's first and his last trip with us. If I had known, I would have made more moments become memories. He enjoyed it a ton. We almost didnt bring him with this. Thank you God, something clicked that day that just made us realize he needed to go with us.
He loved the window views. He loved watching us through the font door. It actually really kinda hurts looking at the above picture of him at our camper door. So many times I look at the same door and see Smokey. It's going to be so hard to let this camper go when we move. It will be one of the last remaining places our Pooh Bear has physically been with us. Although I know he is always with us, this will be hard to let go of. This base will be hard to let go of because it was here that he was last with us. However, we are going back to Guam where he was with us. Its just hard to be places without him because I still can envision him with us. He will have been gone 2 years next month, and it still feels like yesterday, and 20 years ago. Just yesterday I found 2 of his long orange hairs on various clothes hanging in my closet.
He enoyed breakfast at the table with the kids, just like a kid. There was bacon, and nothing ever got in the way of him and bacon!
We had no idea just days later, he would be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment