I didnt give anyone a choice. I made the last same day appointment I could find 25 miles away and we went.
I was pretty sure we would see nothing on the screen.
I was wrong.
It could not have gone better.
The lady said that the placenta, amniotic fluid, yolk sac, umbilical cord, heartbeat and baby's measurements were PERFECT. Not only that but several times we watched the baby moving and twitching it's arms and legs and entire body! We SAW movement folks!!
How can this be? I don't feel pregnant at all! How can this be possible that I am THIS lucky? That this is even happening?
I checked the miscarriage statistics and as of right now at 9 weeks with a healthy baby and pregnancy the chance is .05%.
So pretty much.... WE ARE HAVING A BABY. One that we created ourselves and didnt even plan for a mili-second. One that we don't have to wait for parental rights to be terminated to call ours and one that we don't have to wait for a judge to rule that the baby is on OUR favor and declares us to be the legal parents as if we gave birth within marriage. Because this time we ARE going to give birth within our marriage!
This really couldn't be a better life. We got the incredible journey of parenthood through the miracle of adoption and a very selfless Birth Mother and Birth Father....TWICE.
Who the heck gets to adopt twice, 2 separate times from the SAME Birth Mother? REAL siblings.
AND then gets to get pregnant without doctors and medication assisting it.... in the privacy of our own home with my egg and his sperm? Like a NORMAL couple!
This is incredible. I cant believe it. I just cant believe this.
And then we stopped for ice cream on the way home and I got a headache from it and felt miserable. So to bed at 7:30 I went! So much for not feeling pregnant last night!



1 comment:
Those are beautiful pictures. I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment