Monday, 9 January 2012

Unaccompanied Baggage=GONE

Yesterday the packers were here for about an hour packing up the last of our things. We are allowed 800 pounds of household items to express ship. These things for us included, Caden's toddler bed, vacuum, crock pot, blender, some pots and pans, dishes, silverware, clothes, pillows, sheets, toys, and Christmas decor we got at 75% off from Kmart.

This means we are totally living out of suitcases, with the exception of some kitchen items and toys we are using that will get donated back to the Airmans Attic on base for others to use and with the exception of the hotel items we are using, like microwave, sheets, pillows, etc.

Suitcase living stinks big time for such a long period of time, but it is VERY WELCOMED. It means we are leaving soon.

15 days until we move out of the Aurora Resort and Spa.

21 days until we are off island, Las Vegas bound.


Last weekend we were all awake before the sun was up so we hopped in the car and headed to the market, again.
The kids saw ducklings there.


Dad got us all chicken sticks, as usual.

The day before our unaccompanied baggage was packed, we did a trial and error with our luggage so we knew how much room we had to work with. Turns out we are packed very light, with just one suitcase per person and we are allowed 2 per person. This will make travel with 2 toddlers, 2 strollers, 3 carry ons and 1 18 pound cat a tad easier.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh it is SOO close now! Exciting!!!

Montana's mom said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I would love to meet you guys someday. I go to Vegas quite a lot and one of these days when I have the little one with me we will have to try and do a play date.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...