Wednesday, 4 January 2012

New Year's Eve and Day

On New Year's Eve we took what is probably our last drive around island. I cant wait to get a car and drive for hours and hours and not have to drive in a circle only to be home an hour or 2 later depending on how many scenic stops we make. But anyways, we took a road that we have never taken before and stopped along the way to take some pictures.


It started sprinkling when we were out so we caught this rainbow!



The Dad took another random small road that led us up a dirt track into the 'mountain'.


The views from up there were amazing. Best views on Guam.
I love the red dirt and green grass.

Our New Years Eve was spent the way old married couples with children usually would spend it. 
Went to bed at normal time, before 9pm. Woke up at 12:15 to the sound of Caden wanting a drink and we noticed the fire works going and went back to sleep! ha. I wouldn't change that at all. We aren't a stay up late type  of couple.
The next day we spent time at the beach.
Surprise there, huh?
I promise. The beach pictures will soon come to an end. 
In 26 more days.

Dad pulling Kayla on the board.


Mom and Caden following Dad and Kayla around.

Japanese couple playing with Kayla. They seem to go goo goo and ga ga over our kids all the time. I think Kayla is because of her skin tone and Caden because of his blue eyes and curly hair, and just because overall they are happy babies who are very comfortable at the beach. One time I had someone ask me if we come to the beach often because the kids seemed very comfortable there. HA! Why yes we do...we have lived here for 4 years and its all they know!

Dad and Caden in the man chair.



Dad pulling Caden on the board.

And this is my favorite picture of the island drive! I love the telephone poles, the clouds, the tall green grass and the red dirt on the small track.

3 comments:

Montana's mom said...

Looks like you are making some wonderful lasting memories to finish out Guam.

Mark said...

You're gonna miss wearing short-shorts when you move. And after all that hard work at losing weight, it will be a crying shame to cover your body. Maybe you'll find a nudist camp somewhere to flaunt your stuff.
Happy Thursday!
m.

Alessi Family said...

LOL @ Mark! They have topless pools in Vegas!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...