Thursday, 16 April 2015

Our first outting in Korea

Our first Korean putting was just right outside the main gate of base. I'm pretty sure the Americans call this area the ville. 
It's a strip of Korean stores and restaurants and vendors. Tons of Americans here obviously, so they speak enough English. 
I thought it was crazy to see mcD's delivery scooters.
Dad stopped and got a kebab, but it's not what we Americans consider a kebab. Wasn't meat on a stick. It was more like a gyro. Lamb meat, cheese, cucumber sauce and Korean chili paste for a kick. Was fantastic! This along with a box of fries for the kids was about $9. 
Dad got the kids some juice bottles from a tiny tiny convenience store, and mom stopped into a place called
Oodles of noodles for dinner for herself and Kayla. 
It was amazing. 
On the way back we picked up a super king size Eagles mink blanket. There are no blankets like the ones made in Korea! It's what allus military people talk about getting when coming to Korea and they are CHEAP but awesome quality. We paid $38 for the super king, and it's WARM. Super thick and heavy! 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed reading your thoughts, trials and success during your long trip. Proud of you Michelle <3
Love and Miss you all!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...