On the day we got our flight tickets, we hung out at Mr Chucks house to do everyone's laundry. The kids played with the fish and got kisses from them. Something fun Andi used to do with them all the time. After laundry was complete we loaded up the excursion with all our bags.


We went to one last dinner with our neighbors Mr Bill and Ms Geri.
After dinner didn't go well. I think because I was so stressed and nervous my belly didn't take well to it. I was up ALL night hovering over the toilet. We were due to wake up at 3:20 am and my last vomit session was at 2:45 am. I was SICK. And about to start a 20 hour journey with 3 little kids.
At 3:50 am we headed out and hit Walmart so I could get some tums and pepto bismal hoping it would help. It didn't.
We arrived to the airport a little after 4:30.
We unloaded the truck and I got in line with all kids and luggage in two while Mr Chuck parked te excursion. Here is where it started to fall apart. A crying baby, a helpful 6 year old thank goodness and a shy 5 year old who didn't want to help. All my luggage tumbled off the cart and a car seat hit the guy in front of me. He seemed irritated even though anyone could clearly see I was struggling. I didn't feel well. Exhausted. Only 2 hands to push 1 stroller and 1 luggage cart with all my stuff all over the floor while Carly was crying. I couldn't move up in line. Things were scattered everywhere. People watched me and didn't help. After about 5 minutes of this, a lady who said she was in my position before and had 4 little ones who were now all teenagers. 2 of her teens came to help. One pulled a suitcase and a car seat. The other pulled a suitcase and pushed the cart, I had 2 heavy carry on bags and Carly crying in the stroller. After about 30 minutes in line chuck came back. The excursion was too big for the garage so he had to park far. At the check in machine I was not feeling good. Heat flash, shaking legs, no energy to stand. My sickness had made me weak and dehydrated I assume. No food or liquids in me for over 12 hours now and zero sleep. I had to sit. Chuck got a guest pass to help us through security (where I sat, and he did all the work) and walked us all the way to our gate (where I layed down on the floor) and he took the kids potty and came back.
I suggested fruit and orange juice to give me some sugar so he scoped that out and came back. I actually slowly started to feel better but not quite. He even carried my bags and walked us into the plane. There we said goodbye. He told the kids he will see us in a year. We hugged and off he went. So sad.
Our first flight was not fun. I was still sick. Caden was SO exhausted that he misbehaved a lot more than usual. It was only a 2 hour flight but man it felt so long.
It was hard to believe we were actually on way to Korea, finally.
We stopped in Seattle for a fast 2 hour layover. I felt much better and felt like I could try to handle some actual food. Bagels it was and yogurt for the girls.
I was so dreading this next 11.5 hour flight. 2 was tourture. How would I make almost 12? The kids slept the first hour until dinner service. We had our first Korean food! It was great. Good on my tummy too since it was mostly veggies.
The next 5 hours we spent entertained with in dash seat entertainment. Kids had headphones, and tons of great movies and games and music to chose from. They were able to use the bathroom by themselves, and ask for drinks and snacks. Ice cream was served. The last 3-4 hours of the flight all 3 kids and even myself slept. An hour before landing breakfast was served and they all slept through that. I tried to eat it but tummy didn't handle the crossiant well.
And before I knew it, time to land!
First stop was the bathroom after the subway ride.
We headed to the passport line where we had to go into an office to get them stamped because we did not have our visa's but were traveling on military orders. This was the longest 10 minutes of my life. I just wanted to see my husband and new home and get a shower and real food!
After that we went to the carousel to get our luggage and because we were the very last ones all our luggage was already being loaded onto cart. Just being in this country for minutes I noticed how friendly Koreaans were. They love children. I didn't touch a single piece of luggage in the Seoul airport. I didn't even need to ask for help. It was just given.
After going through customs, which was only seconds in line, we saw Dad right away. The kids were so excited. We hopped on the shuttle bus Dad rented for a little over an hour ride to our new home. Koreans drive crazy. The roads are not built for this. Carly puked on this ride and I had a headache from the bumping around.
But soon enough, we arrived to our new home!!









No comments:
Post a Comment