Sunday, 17 May 2015

First visit to Korean restaurant

I finally checked out the restaurant across the street from our house. I been a little hesitant to try because of all the unknown...not knowing how to ask anything or know what anything it is. But I sucked it up and went. Why did I wait so long? The guy in there spoke ZERO English, but he was so friendly and nice and was trying to hold Carly. She wouldn't though. Koreans love babies. I asked for take out. He did understand 'to go'. He held up 3 fingers. I held up 1, meaning just 1 meal. He kept holding up 3. My guess is that with take out you has to order for 3. So I figured whatever. It's a soup place. I'll take 3 bowls of soup. Dinner for Kayla and I, plus lunch tomorrow. NOPE. I walked out of there carrying a cooler full of food! A little bit of everything. A  bowl of many different traditional Korean dishes! Why did I wait so long to go?! Best part...all but 1 of the dishes was pretty darn healthy and guilt free for me! Annnnd, 18,000 won! About 15 American dollars. We could easily spend $15 at mcdonalds, and have no left overs for the family. I have a ton of leftovers. It was delicious! 










No comments:

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...