Monday, 17 December 2012

25 weeks

My 24 week appointment was last week, as I have posted about already. But I failed to mention that the midwife I saw this time had said my due date was 30 March instead of 1 April. So that makes me start a new week on Fridays instead of Mondays. The picture below were taken Friday, not today.
I'm good with this and am now going by the 30 March due date because from the very beginning I have always said this will be a March baby. For many reasons...We got engaged in the month of March. We found out we were nearly 6 weeks pregnant in August which was our wedding anniversary month. She was conceived in July just a week after Nick's grandmother passed away in the same month, and March is also the month Nick's Grandfather passed many years ago. It just makes sense and is gut feeling, so this is the due date Im going by now.





Her kicking is amazing. Some days its up high past my belly button, other days its so slow I swear she is kicking my bladder. Kicks are getting stronger every week!

My belly is getting heavy. Its makes my hips and uterus sore. Its getting really hard for me to keep up with house work and chores and errands. I can no longer go to more than 3 places in a day without paying for it later  by hurting. For example, last week I had an appointment in the morning followed by grocery shopping and a stop at the BX to return a maternity bra that broke. I intended to hit the post office after that but by the time I was walking out to the car from the BX I was waddling and SORE. 

Saturday we went to the mall to see Santa, and I barely made it an entire lap around the mall before starting to have backaches and sore legs.

Sunday was really hard for me to do chores. It took all I had to get a shower. I feels like my body is no longer my body or me and it was turned in for someone else's body. Or like my body has been taken over totally by this baby. Some days she just sucks the life right out of me! 
But we only have 14 and half more weeks to go. I can handle that. 

2 weeks left until the 2nd trimester is done...and then you will really get to read about all my complaints! lol.

Your baby's the size of an cauliflower!
During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds.




1 comment:

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...