Monday, 10 December 2012

24 weeks!

Time is going so fast now. Today is 24 weeks! According to the midwife and my chart, today is 24 weeks and 2 days and my due date is now March 30th instead of April 1st. I love how they change it between each appointment back and forth. As if 2 days really makes a difference. The baby will come when she's ready.

Anyways, appointment went great. My belly is measuring perfect just a hair under 24 cm. (1-ish cm per week of pregnancy) I have been feeling Carly kicking nonstop all day for a few weeks now and the last 3 days her kicking has been much less so I was a little concerned. The  midwife did a quick ultrasound to make sure she was still good and of course she was perfect. As soon as I layed back on the table and getting the gel on my belly she started kicking...she was actually punching me. We watched it on the screen, along with a good face shot and heart beat in the low 150's. Midwife said I should feel movements every single day and if I don't then to call the clinic and or come in. By 28 weeks I can start going kick counts and I should get 10 kicks every 2 hours.

As far as weight, I don't know. I got on the scale backwards and didn't look or ask! I do know last week I had to make a trip to the thrift store because the choice of clothes I'm fitting into had become so slim.

Next is the glucose test at 28 weeks and then my 28 week appointment. I cant believe how fast this is going.

We got the guest bed out of her room, and got her crib together and the bedding put on. I got her wall stickers put up around the boarder of her room and it's really coming together.

This is just so surreal. So hard to believe. For so long we tried, for so long I have accepted the fact that my husband and I would never create a child that looked like us and for so long I have been happy with our family of 4 and then bam. I think even after this baby comes, Im still going to be in shock. I don't think it will ever go away.



 ( my belly button is really starting to change now! It looks so funny!)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look soooo adorable! I love hearing about your family and pregnancy. So exciting!!

Paisley Seven said...

I'm just so in awe of your miracle! I hope you will share pics of the nursery.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...