Every year the kids get to pick out any Christmas ornament in the store that they choose. This is one thing that I do not put a limit on. After they pick them out, I write on the back their names and the year, and then we hang them on our sentimental/memory Christmas tree.
Next year (or rather the year after because next year Nick will be deployed, we plan to start doing 2 trees. One decorative tree and our sentimental tree)
This year we happened to be at Target when the ornaments were picked out. Kayla went from strongly wanting one of the first ornaments she saw...a $9 Cinderella. Which would have been ok if she even liked the movie Cinderella but she doesn't. I suggested she look around first. She went from Cinderella, to a pair of knitted mittens, to a star, to I don't know what else in between and then once she saw the little owl it was all over and she stuck to it!
Caden chose his pretty quickly. He went from a pair of small knitted ice skates to this as soon as he saw and it and the only problem he had was picking out which color he wanted.
We also picked out an ornament to represent myself being 6 months pregnant with Carly this year.
A pink glittered 'JOY' since her middle name is Joy.



1 comment:
Aww, I love them!!!
Post a Comment