Friday, 24 February 2012

A small catch up! LONG over due.

Sorry blog readers and friends and family. I am so behind on this blog! Between hotels, and not having internet, and being so super darn busy, I just haven't had the time or energy to put into blogging. I will just do a quick straight to the point catch up here. 
We left Guam. Kids did great. All except one flight Caden cried for 20 minutes before falling asleep. Poor kids couldnt get comfy. The cat....not a single peep from him from the time we left the hotel until the time we landed and drove 20 minutes to our  base hotel and got into there. Seriously. People didn't even realize our carry on bag had a 20 pound cat in it. He didn't pee or poop either! Dont know how that was possible on a 20 hour trip. Thank GOD for a perfect cat.


Hello LAS VEGAS!



                                                              3 days after arriving Caden had his 2nd birthday. I don't know what we would have done without our best friends. They threw him a party, from decor, to cake to presents, to food, to pinata. Lucky boy.

                                               
                                                      Our first weekend in town we must have looked at 15 houses under foreclosure. We had a couple favorites. We bid on one that we loved. We didn't get the bid after 5 long days of waiting to hear back. It was agonizing. Right then we decided we would build our own home. Brand new home to build put us back $211,000. The house we bid on was obviously not brand new and it was $212. Plus we got 14 grand in free upgrades for our home to be built. We didn't want to go this route because of the 4 month wait time to build but in the end decided the wait would be worth it.

                                    Here is our lot, pre house. Building should be begin anytime. This week is 2 weeks since contracts have been signed and a week since permits to build have begun being dug out. And its about 8 houses away from our best friends house. Things worked out better than we could have dreamed. We used to joke with them long ago when were stationed in Italy together, back in 2002-2005, that we would retire and live next to each other. Well folks, here you have it. Another dream of ours that we work hard for and make come true. That is what us Alessi's do :)
Sp our 3,125 sq foot, potential 6 bedroom home will sit right here on Pink Desert St in North Las Vegas and should be done early to mid June 2012. 


 Not sure why some picture uploaded out of order, but here is Guam upon take off. BEAUTIFUL!


                                                        We have been here 24 days now, and have had time once to explore a little of down town Las Vegas.

3 comments:

twondra said...

Sooo glad to see an update! Love that everything went sooo smoothly! My sister and her husband are going to LV in a couple weeks and I sooooo wish we were going with them so we could meet. I'm so jealous of them! They get to be right by you and we get the dog and Jamie :(

Montana's mom said...

So glad things are working out for you guys! Sounds like a plan is coming together. Can't wait to see the construction pictures.

Alessi Family said...

Thanks guys! Tammy- I wish you and Mark could make it. Maybe some other time! We would love to have you here.

Montana's Mom- you will def be seeing construction pictures!

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...