From the Aurora in Guam, we went into a hotel for our last 5 days there and the hotel had no treadmill although their website claimed they had a gym. Not cool. I did run outside once a couple days before we left. It was not easy. Running outdoors in Guam with such high humidity made it extremely difficult for me. So, I ran once and that was enough for me.
Then we got to Las Vegas and stayed for 10 days in the TLF, Temporary Lodging Facility where I only ran once outdoors. Not being used to the cold weather HURT. It hurt to breathe for hours after the run. 4 days later I became sick. (3 weeks later I still am) Between being sick, trying to get our bodies adjusted to the HUGE time change, trying to adjust to the dry cold weather (which I am still having problems with) and trying to house hunt, then building a house, then car hunting, then moving out of TLF into our friends house for 2 nights, then apartment hunting and moving into there....just had no time at all for anything for myself.
Now that we are a couple weeks into our apartment and finally getting a routine back, I am getting adjusted.
2 days ago I started running in the resort's gym. I DREADED going thinking it was going to miserably struggle since it had been so long since I ran. BUT, just the exact opposite. I think my body needed the long rest because now I am back at it better than I have ever been. My first run I did 2.2 miles and was not even tired. I ran at 6.6 mph the whole time, nonstop. Then yesterday I was back on the treadmill and did 2.5 miles, again EASILY at 6.7 mph. I hate to jinx it, but how the heck is it so easy for me to run this distance? Weird. Great! But still weird!
Now that today is Monday and Nick is back to work, I can no longer run first thing in the morning while he watches the kids. Morning is my best. Now I must wait until he gets home from work to go run so he can watch the kids, which wont be until around 5 pm. I dont know how that is going to go...
I havent done any ab or arm workouts either. Shame shame shame. But today, that will begin again. Maybe just like running, it wont be as bad as I imagine? I hope.
Also now that our household goods are here, unpacked, stored and organized to the best that they can be in a 1,100 sq foot apartment...I have time to get back to crafting. I am currently working on several projects that I will share once they are finished. It feels nice to get back to these things.
2 comments:
Good luck with your crafting. We all need a hobby!
Congrats on running again. I know that that must have been a great feeling.
I thought that you folks bought a house prior to moving. Anyway, welcome back to the blogging world and good luck at getting settled. The cold won't stay for ever.
mark
Thanks for the congrats. It does feel good to be back at it.
We didnt buy a house before moving. We were just looking, oohhing and ahhhing. We got here and looked at a bunch for some reason or another they didnt fit our family. And after losing a big on one house after waiting for 5 days, we decided that was enough!
Post a Comment