Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Physical work has begun!

After 2 weeks and 2 days of pulling contracts, and permits.....our house has begun being built!

What a surreal feeling to stand there and look at it. To SEE something there in the dirt on the lot.

For our entire marriage, almost 10 years, we have moved from house to house. Not just base to base, but each base we have had at least 2 homes. Guam we had 3. We moved there, had Kayla and then upgraded a bedroom when Caden was born then moved again to enjoy life on the beach.

I am so happy to plant roots some place. Some place to call home. Some place that when our kids are asked, "Where are you from?" they can answer. They can have the privilege of being military brats but also have a home.

So its not just an area of dirt, but now it has the start of a home where many memories will be made.

                                 
                                       Aliante. Our town.

                                      Driving to our neighborhood.
                                     

                                      On the drive to our neighborhood, a sign by our builder.


                                        Here it is! Looking down our street.


                                      Future home!

                                   This would be looking at the garage.


                                          This would be looking at where the front window would be.

                                       Kayla playing around the side, and where our front door will be located.

                                       Kids playing around the side, our neighboring lot is still empty.

                                          Houses across the street almost finished.
 
                                      View looking down our street.

2 comments:

Montana's mom said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see more. I remember taking the early pics. Now I look back at them and think wow is that what it looked like with no floor, no walls, no nothing? LOL

Mark said...

How very exciting. We've renovated a few house completely but never built one from nothing. You can put in it anything you want.
I'm glad you're photographing it from the beginning.
m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...