FIRST: Why did they change the layout of blogger???? I HATE IT.
Anyways,
Last night while I had trouble sleeping, I thought about all that is around me every single day and how every single one of those things are the outcome of a wish granted, or a prayer answered.
I often wonder how and why I am one of the lucky or blessed one. Why me? What I have done better than others to deserve so much in life?
Starting here: (the short versions of course)
Once upon a time I was 16 years old and I wished and hoped so much the Nick would be my future husband.
2 months after my 18th birthday, on March 12th- he asked me if I would marry him. Wish granted.
After we got married, before my VISA to Italy arrived I hoped for 2 cats to fill our home. Hope came true. We had three. Tigger, and then Pooh Bear. Tigger passed away as a kitten and Roo came along.
We made friends in Aviano Italy, who we grew to love like family over our 3 years stationed there. I hoped that we would see each other again in time to see their oldest graduate high school. Hope came along. Courtney is on her way to becoming a Senior this upcoming school year.
5 years of heartache (to say the least!) trying to become parents. Hope came along.
During those 5 years I wished, prayed and hoped that a teenager would just drop off her baby to us. Prayers answered.
When Kayla was born from day one I knew she wasn't the last. 18 months and 3 days later- Caden arrived. Dreams come true again.
Among all this, we also are blessed enough that I can be a stay at home Mom. Something I dreamed of since I was a little girl. Dream again came true.
After years of an unhealthy lifestyle and being overweight, being a size 5 again was nearly impossible. But, I worked hard and continue to do so. Hard work pays off. I can now fit a size 3.
We joked and secretly dreamed that we would be able to live near our friends in the future. Not only that, but we are going to be living in a house that WE BUILT. Dreams come true.
We had Las Vegas as our number one place to live in the USA after being overseas for many reasons. We didn't get that at first, but Nick worked HARD and bam.... wish granted.
I wished and dreamed that we would live in a place that made it easy for Nick's Mom to just hop on a plane and come spend time with her Grandchildren whenever she wanted. Wish granted.
I prayed hard for my friends Tammy and Mark to become parents. Hannah Banana is now almost 5 months old. Prayer answered.
And this is all just part of all the major things I can list. All around, even the smallest tiniest things can count.
For example, just right next to me....I have a pile of scrapbook paper that has probably 1,000 sheets of paper or more. One of my favorite hobbies and we are blessed enough that we can purchase those. Its like my own scrapbook heaven!
I prayed, hoped and wished hard that my sister would make the choice to come explore Las Vegas. Less than 2 weeks later she was here. Wish granted.
My wishes, hopes, prayers now are:
My sister starts to find her way in life, in Las Vegas.
My sister gets to start being so lucky and blessed in life as I have.
We get move into our house within the next 2 weeks.
Nick gets to plan and start our backyard the way he visions it.
Nick's Mom gets to come visit soon and spend time with her Grandchildren.
I continue to have the motivation to run, and do my abs and arm workouts daily.
Our Birth Mother starts to find her way in life in California.
Kayla's Birth Father gets to see his soon to be son soon.
Our 10 year wedding anniversary works out to be a very fun, happy, memorable one with whatever we do.
So, how and why am I so lucky in life? And is it normal to question this as much as I do? Why me?
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When Pooh Bear got his wings
2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...
-
Smokey is now imprinted on Mama forever. Just like Pooh Bear on the opposite side. May is Pooh Bear's birthday month. Its the month h...
-
Many people are asking how this all happened. We are still in shock alon...
-
The past week or so I been working on a list of what to pack in the hospital bag. When the time comes, I dont want to have to worry about if...
2 comments:
You had me crying until you mentioned us when I started BAWLING! Oh, girl, this is so perfect and such a wonderful post. You are surrounded by answered prayers. You made me think how great life is and how wonderful God is. thanks for that reminder today. Love you! ((HUGS))
this is beautiful!!
Post a Comment