Thursday evening, our best friend Dawn called me up before Nick got home from work. She scored (because she is full of awesomeness!) some very hard to get Garth Brooks tickets for the following evening. She had 3 extras and wondered if Nick and I would like 2 of them. I told her I would ask Nick and let her know as soon as he got home from work. I assumed he would say no. We all know what you make out of yourself when you ASSume things! I admit, I wasnt all excited to go. At all.
But Nick got home, I asked him and his response was, "Well, if its with Chuck and Dawn of course!"
So I called her back and let her know we would go.
(our tickets)
The next evening we were there. And it was AWESOME. Im not a country fan, Im not a fan of going to concerts, Im not a fan of staying out late. After all, I have TWO toddlers and I am in bed BEFORE 9 pm every single night...for the past 3.5 years.
(The Wynn)
(Us before the show)
(The view from our seats)
Im not one of those people who get 'star struck' at all. I even admit, before the show started when there were fans around who were all gung ho, I was just sitting there like no big deal...I felt a little guilty and thought for a moment that someone who was a big fan should have been in my seat. But after the show started, I was enjoying myself. ( I wish we were allowed to take pictures during the show.)
And I was really enjoying myself when he surprisingly introduced his wife onto the stage....Trisha Yearwood. And she sang a few songs along with a duet together that was fantastic.
After the show, we walked back through the Wynn, and while the ladies were taking a potty break Nick decided to toss ONE dollar into a slot machine...and he won $17. Nice. Free concert, Free cash.
Then we all decided that it was about 10 pm and we were all hungry. First thought was a Las Vegas buffet. But then we ended up on Fremont Street. And Freemont Street that late at night brings out the freaks. The weirdos you see on TV....We ended up in a little bar/pub type place tucked far back into a casino and the food was wonderful! I ended up getting Free Dinner because they forgot my order!
(View of Freemont St from the parking lot)
It was close to midnight when we walked out. Just in time for the Freemont Experience...the light show. And some more freak watching..LOL.
(Be glad I didnt get pictures of the other 'freaks' to torture you with. Next time folks, next time.
After that we all decided it was time to go. And we left the parking lot without paying for it! So, Free concert, Free cash, Free dinner, Free parking.
It was a GREAT night with the BESTest friends, ever!













4 comments:
What kind of 28 year old are you anyway, don't like concerts. Honestly!
That's okay, I hate being around all those people too.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself though. So different from the island, huh?
And yeah, what's with that guy in a bikini? I thought that stuff was made up just for CSI.
m.
crowds of people are annoying to me as well. but the garth concert may have been worth it☺ and it was all FREE !!
Sounds like so much fun! How awesome that you just moved there and were already able to find a good babysitter for the kids. :)
Michelle, it's Jen from Mad World! I wasn't aware that you had this new blog until recently. I'm so glad that I happened across it. I've missed you! Your beautiful kids have grown so much! And I see that you have left Guam for the bright lights of Vegas. How exciting! Stop by my blog sometime...it's still private but my permissions list still shows you as an invitee. If you aren't able to access, email me at janddaz at hotmail dot com and I'll send you another invite.
Post a Comment