Friday, 8 February 2013

33 weeks!

Really getting close to the end of this! Hard to believe I was so sure 7 and 8 months ago that this baby would not survive. That I would wake up one day and it would all be over. That it would another slap in the face in the infertility road after I had already moved on and away from that chapter in my life. I was so sure the screen on the computer from the ultrasound would show a dead baby. I was so sure I would be again traumatized by another life lost.

I was wrong. So wrong. There is actually a REAL baby in my belly. One that moves when I go poking at her for confirmation. One that is nearly 5 pounds already and 18 inches long. A real person who will be born and expand our family, for REAL. In only 7 weeks or less.

How in the world have I been chosen to be so lucky? I get to experience the adoption world twice and becoming a Mom by creating a child with my husband.

I dont think the shock of all this is EVER going to ware off. Ever.


33 weeks today, Carly is 4.2-5.8 lbs and 17.2-18.7 inches long. Getting really hard for Mom to breathe through anything anymore. Woke up to sharp pain in right side a couple nights ago. Lat week my belly measures 44" around. 32 week appointment was perfect, doc doesnt want to see us come back until week 36 unless I am concerned about something. 7 weeks or less to go. Carly loves to kick Mom in the right side lung and punch with her hands real low. Our hospital bags are almost done being packed and only 8 more days until our baby shower.


Linea Nigra is a little darker. Belly button starting to turn inside out a little bit more. Still no stretch marks, with the except of my old ones that had faded from when I was overweight and then lost weight.




2 comments:

MyRoseAmongThorns said...

I can definitely relate to those feelings of panic, and assurance the baby is dead! I'm 12 weeks today, which is a huge milestone in and of itself, but have those thoughts frequently! So happy for you that you are in the homestretch!

www.myroseamongthorns.blogspot.com

Paisley Seven said...

Update?

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...