Monday, 23 July 2012

She got me.

So last week Mimi (Nick's Mom) called and  told me not to tell anyone but that she was going to arrive on the morning of Kayla's birthday party. Saturday July 28th. She told me she was flying in at 8:30 and she would hire a limo driver to bring her to our house from the airport and she would ring the door and surprise Kayla and everyone just in time for her birthday party.

I had been dreading this week because of being so excited for Kayla! Her birthday party cant come soon enough for me and this was making it so much longer of a wait.

But yesterday, Sunday July 22nd, about 9 am I was upstairs changing into my clothes to hit the treadmill and the kids were watching the tv in the treadmill room pretty loud and Nick was in the master bath cutting his hair and showering. My phone rang. I answered. It was Mimi asking what I was doing. I thought that was weird but I told her I was changing clothes to go for a run.

She told me no one was answering the doorbell. I was so confused. I just said, "What?" If I remember correctly I asked her about 3 or 4 times to repeat herself.

I finally made my way to the front door and there she was. Dressed up all nice. With her suitcases at the front door.

SHOCK. She defiantly got me. Kayla just screamed "Mimi's here!!" And then ran to her.

This is definitely a memory that I will never forget!

Meanwhile, Nick is in the shower so Mimi and grand babies hide up in the guest room and wait until Nick is finished. I get on the treadmill and run like normal so he isnt thrown off. He comes out as I'm running. He asked where the kids were. I told him check them out in Mimi's room. He opens the door. Kayla is in Mimi's bed and says "Mimi is here!" Then Mimi steps out from behind the door and Nick was in shock! He didn't speak for a couple minutes then finally asked how she got here.

It was great. For hours afterwards we kept saying we cant believe Mimi is here!

Her and Papa definitely got me. Got me good.

Im just so happy she is going to be here for Kayla's birthday. Mimi has never been around for any of Kayla's birthdays and this one is great because it's really her first actual party. Her first birthday Nick was deployed. Her 2nd birthday Nick was in Montana. Her 3rd birthday we spent in a hotel downtown in Guam for a weekend (at Kayla's request) to use the pool and have the beach. So this one is going to be great.



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh how much I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I love the stories and pics of Nicks parents - they seem so lovely :)
Have so much fun while she is here!!!!

Mark said...

She totally "got you"! That is a great story and I'm glad it all went down like that.
Now, I'm going to get back to thinking about Nick in the shower. Thanks for that image. I owe you one!
m.

When Pooh Bear got his wings

2 years ago today, Pooh Bear got hurt. I have avoided blogging the past couple weeks because I knew this post was coming. But I n...